Sprain knee,arthritis and costochondritis...what else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

This has been a tough few weeks. The costo. started up a few weeks ago. Talking about pain, man I thought I was dying. Determined I was gonna exercise depsite pain and fatigue I started do some weight training at home. Well, I was using a step box, stupid, I stepped back with my left leg and twisted my knee. Went to the dr. and she said sprain and according to xray arthritis. Lucky me. I got a steroid shot in the knee and some anti. inflam. medicine. My other knee is hurting now cause I have been leaning on it so much, stomach is burning from medicine and I am trying to diet.........I am about to go nuts.

As if the fibro. pain wasn't enough.

Someone come take care of me : ). I got a good husband taking care of me, I am blessed even in the middle of this mess.
  2. Goatwoman

Goatwoman Member

3. Doober

Doober New Member

Bad enough to deal with one thing, but man o man I think you hit the triple crown there.

It is bad for most of us when we hurt something and then we have to compensate with a different body part or movement, then that hurts because we may have over-compensated.

Doesn't make for an easy week that is for sure.Funny thing, I too had sprain my knee a month ago and after an MRI to determine this, it was also shown to have arthritis in the same knee.

Sometime we feel like we are falling apart, but we get ourselves to a point of tolerance so we can do it again...lol

Hope you are feeling better today than yesterday...
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Just wanted to pass along some info...

Costochondritis, fibromyalgia, easy musculoskeletal injuries and arthritis can all be symptoms of a chronic Borrelia Burgdorferi infection (lyme), along with coinfections like Bartonella, Babesia and Ehrlichia.

Please take a look at this booklet with symptom list...

some more great basic info and lots of other info here...

Written by a lyme expert. Has a great symptom list pages 9-11 and info about coinfection symptoms pages 22-27...

[This Message was Edited on 06/22/2010]