Spray Stretch Physical therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jplatt, May 21, 2006.

1. jplatt

jplatt New Member

I've been recently diagnosed and very grateful to have found this site. I've seen references in other places to spray & stretch physical therapy. I've been getting massage, but insurance doesn't cover, while it would cover physical therapy. Anyone tried it? Does it substitute for massage?
  2. place

place New Member

I could not walk more than 20 minutes before my calf cramped up and I had foot pain. I would write my grocery list in order of the layout of the store, and time myself to be in line within 10 minutes so I had another 10 to stand in line!

I read about it from PT's therapies and asked my doc to give me a script to do it myself. It works like a dream, I can do so much more like play tennis and go through a whole day without pain.

My problem is that when my muscle are used they get more and more cramped up. Nothing gets them to relax except pills and the spray and stretch!
  3. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

place - I've heard of spray and stretch, but don't know enough about it to understand. What do you get the script for and how do you do it yourself? Is it something that would be possible for my husband to do on my knots in my back?

jplatt - my insurance covers massage as long as I have it done at the chiropractors office. It absolutely will not pay for it anywhere else though. I didn't know if you had tried that route. It still costs me a co-pay, but is worth every penny of it.
    mrs
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I've had that done. along with heat,massage and ultrasound

so I'm not sure if it was all the above working together,..but it did help!! I felt alot less muscle pain in my back and legs.
    I'm overdue for PT. I think I'll request it again~
    Best of luck to you :)
  5. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I have never heard of this.

Jodi
  6. place

place New Member

I am a bit more flexible than most and can reach placed most can not! What I do is get into a gentel stretch of the muscle I am spraying, in the stretch position, I spray the stuff on, put the can down and then get in the deepest stretch possible for that muscle. I can feel the stuff waring off when a get a little pull/tightening in the muscle. but when I get out of the stretch my "muscle resting state" is much more relaxed and pain free!

Sometimes I will get in the stretch position and my DH will spray it on!