Spring Chat 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by robin1667, Mar 26, 2009.

1. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

We're suppose to get snow!! At least it won't last long,hopefully!
    60's, that was so cute what you said about Austin.He sounds like a sweet little guy! And it's so much fun to watch new babies run around and play! I played with the stink bait last yr., while nobody likes the smell it leaves on us,i did like it cause it don't move when i put it on the hook! LOL! Ron always laughs at me,he says you can put your arm up a horses behind but you can't put a worm on a hook without a pr of gloves! He's right!LOL!!
    Sis, I envy where you live. I bet it's just beautiful where you are.Thanks for the prayers for my daughter.
    I saw her yest.,she quit smoking again. She says her lungs feel so much better with the meds and inhaler. She can only take 1 puff off the inhaler otherwise she feels as though she will pass out. She was so busy telling us about her wedding plans,i forgot to ask when she sees the Dr. again! But she looks and sounds good. So i think she will be alright. Thanks everyone!!!
    We took a load of Melissa's things to Rockford for her yest. and saw where she will be living,Jason has a nice home and it's in a nice neighberhood. She has a truck load left to get. She will be here another week.
    For the last couple weeks i haven't been feeling good.Yest. was horrible with burping and gas and feeling sick to my stomach. I thought if i moved around it would help get things moving. I didn't even want to eat,which is unusual for me! But i think i got it out of my system finally last night. For about 4 days i was taking Citracel,it usually doesn't take that long to work.But thank goodness it finally did! Feeling much better this morning!
    Jen has moved her wedding date to June 6th. She decided she needed more time to prepare. Her shower will be April 3rd. I gave her $120 to put on her wedding dress and Melissa and i bought bird seed to bag up for her. And I'll be buying snacks for the shower. I wish i could help out more with things!!Financially and physically i just can't. And of course her father won't. But that is no surprise! But Jamies family is helping and her friends.
    Ron is thinking of fishing the Dam this morning,but i really don't think he will with it being 31 when we got up! He's still on the couch!!
    Well i don't know much else,so I'll check in with everyone later.Have a great day all.
    Hugs,Robin
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Robin,,Thanks for starting spring #2,,,,The wheather is crazy up here! doesn't help the Flare i'm in,,,,this one is just not givin up!,,,,,usually i'm in one for 3 days at the most well not now it's going on week #2,,,,,Have to make myself do everything like get out of bed,,,,take a shower,,,take the dog out,,,,,blah,,blah blah!,,,,,,,,,,anyway ,,lol,,,I'm glad your girl is doing better!,,,I hear you on the wedding thing! When my middle girl got married i was just so broke!,,,,,but i made alot of stuff for the reception and then when i could i gave her money for her dress and stuff later on ,,,,,,I felt so bad though!,,,,,Birdseed is a great idea,,,,i'll check back tommorow!,,,,Hugs!,,Sis,,,,,p.s. I can see 60's out with her new baby filly runnin' around in the corral!,,,,,what a cute story about your grandson and the bible!
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

you know Gals I think this weather changing all the time probably is making us all flare. I know I"ve been just pooped out.I"m trying to remember to take my vitamins and just not push to hard till I can get feeling better.IN other wprds we need to pamper ourselves. cus let me tell ya men do not understand this. My hubbys good but I have to tell him everything to do in the day time.it,s so stressful I just can"t trust him to shut off water,I can"t tell you how many times he,s left the water on down at the barn,I have to double check everything sometimes I just sit down and cry.
    The other day he turned the dogs out and forgot he let them back in,so he got in his truck and drove around the nieghbor_hood looking for them and came back in the house just carrying on and I looked in the computer room and they where in there.
    If I send him to the store he always says that their out of a item,I know better he just can"t find it.
    Well enough of my venting. I need a good day and a whole less stress.
    got to run I"ll check in later. the little filly is doing great.I tried to put picture,s on but it didN"t work.Hugs sixtyslady.
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Hope your havin' a great weekend!,,,The flair has finally lifted now as of late yesterday!,,,i rearranged my sleeping bed!,,,,finally put the feather bed on the single bed in the other bedroom and it has helped alot!,,,,,why didn't i think of this sooner??,,,Dah!,,,,,,,have slept good for 2 nights now,,,,,,My other bed has such an old crappy matress set!,,,,need to get rid of it as soon as possible and get a new one,,the single bed has a much better matress on it,,,,,,,Thankfully

anyway,,,,,sorry to hear about Papa Smurff's forgetfulness 60's!,,,have you tried supplements or i was thinkin' that when my Mom had ahlzeimers the dr gave her something called,, Aracept,,it seemed to help her alot ,,,it's got to be hard on you to have to retrace his steps everyday!,,,,,,goodluck!,,,,,,I bet your enjoying the filly!!,,,,,,,,The wheather is still crappy!,,,,,oh well ,,doens't do anygood to complain!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I looked out this morning and there were 5 crows and 2 big fat sgurilles in the garden rummaging around!,,i guess they are lookin' for food!
    I'm in the process of making 2 baby blankets for 2 of my daughters friends who are having Babies,,,,almost done ,,just have to tye them off now,,,had to make them in the greens ,yellow's and blue's theme due to not knowing what the babies are!,,,,enjoying it,,,,,HUgs to you both! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis
    [This Message was Edited on 03/29/2009]
  5. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

Boy is this weather ever going to get warm????
    we got snow and ice Sat night,and we got up and went to a horse sale yesterday ,the roads where not good and in spots it was a white out from it blowing,but by the time we came home everything was fine,
    I have a massive headache this morning,just hurts to look at the light. hope the Advil takes a hold soon.
    Sis how you doing on those baby blankets? glad to hear you flare is getting better.
    Robin how was your week-end? Pretty cold out huh.
    WE picked up a saddle at the sale for Austin and we"re going to get a silver kit to put on it,for showing.
    Arabella ,hasn"t been out since Fri, so hope we can get her out this afternoon.she nickers everytime we walk in the barn, she so cute I sure wish I could get the pictures to upload to this site. Maybe my daughter can figure it out when she comes down. Hugs sixtyslady.
  6. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

My week end was ok. We saw all the kids. Wore me out! But it was nice. Jen changed her wedding to June 6. Did i tell you's that already?! Can't remember!
    Have to see the Dr in the morning. Got my blood test results back. Neg. on the Celiac,thank goodness! But my chloesterol and liver enzymes are slightly elevated and glucose is in the prediabetes range. Fun,fun! Suppose i'll have to start eating better.
    Glad to hear Arabella is doing so good. She'll be full of it when ya let her out today,be careful.
    We didn't go anywhere yest. figured the roads would be nasty. I remember the days of going to the horse sales no matter what the weather. i Loved seeing all the horses and of course wanting to take many of them home.
    Hope your headache is better.
    sis,i got brain fog, i read your posts but can't remember a thing! OOHHH how i hate that! I hope your doing good! Hugs to all,Robin
  7. Good evening ladies! Sixtieslady, I would love to have a horse or two! I live in the suburbs, I would love to live in the country and have chickens and a cow and horses. sigh...

Robin my sons birthday is june 6 ! I also had the kids and grandkids over, love them dearly but whew! Those little ones sure can make a mess and run us ragged.

Sisland I am with you, this weather changing makes me flare terrible.

Boy I have been down in the dumps, I feel like a mess, my hair won't hold a curl, I need to lose weight, etc. I have been trying to spring clean but don't get much done with fibro. Darn it all. Tomorrow is a better day right. I don't remember feeling so blah and down in the dumps in a long time. I think sometimes I just get tired of hurting with fibro.

The good thing is the SUN is SHINING and its 50 , I have the screen open in the back porch with the house door open. I love to open doors and windows. Nothing like fresh air. Later gals, hope your all doing well.

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Aah, spring in SW FL. It is the heighth of Snowbird, tourist, and Spring Break Season. The beaches are impossible to access. This is the time of year I work more hours and have less time to enjoy outside. When they all go home and it gets really hot here, I'll be able to work less and enjoy more.

The last two months have been spent recovering from acute bronchitis. My allergies are acting up too because it's our dry season and the wind picks up the dust and pollen. I'm on another round of ABX and am starting to feel much better.

Tomorrow, I'm getting a new hot-water heater. I'll be glad to have it because my old one is 16 and probably running on borrowed time. I'd just let it die a natural death but my condo is upstairs and I'd hate to have a water problem or flood the condo downstairs.

I envy those who have a real Spring with blooming bulbs and greening grass. I hope y'all enjoy Spring, wherever you are.

Love, Mikie
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

Just my usual complaint of the weird wheather again,,,,,it's Blizzarding out now!,,,,But the 7 day forecast say's 50's for the weekend,,Typical spring wheather i guess,,seems like it takes alot longer for winter to transition to spring than any other season!,,,,,,,,,,still working on the Baby -blankets,,,they are turning out good,,,,
    R~~,,glad to hear no celieac disease!,,,,I had all those elevated blood tests too and started eating oatmeal and taking the herbal,, Milk Thistle,,,it's a liver detox and will also help with bringing the cholesterol down,,,,had to pretty much give up sugar too,,although i have a teaspoon or 2 of brown sugar in my oatmeal ,,,,,,,,but have been eating sugar free chocolate for a few months now,,,,can't live without it!,,,,,,lolol,,,,,Can't wait to share my grandbaby stories with you all!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,also did your daughters find a new appreciation for their Moms after the birth of their childern??,,,,,,have been wondering about that!,,,,,,,,,,,,,60's ,,know what you mean about the picture up-loading here it's impossible!,,,,,,,please give the filly a pet for me!,,Cute how she nickers when you go into the barn!,,,,life is alot more fun when there's a baby anything around!
    Fibro~~Mikie,,,,so glad to have you here!,,,it's a heatwave in Fl. sounds like Mikie,,,,i bet thoes beaches are a mess when the spring breakers leave!,,,,,glad to hear your feeling better!,,my oldest has allergies and she has found the the drug ,,Clariten,,(sp),,,works great for her!,,,,,,Fibro ,,,,this darn fibro puts a damper on alot of stuff huh!,,,,hope your feeling better and that spring will be here soon!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HUgs to all!,,,,sis

[This Message was Edited on 03/31/2009]
  10. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

sis,most of our snow is gone. Yours will hopefully be gone soon also. May be it feels like it takes so long for winter to go away cause we can't wait for warmer weather. We need to get outside. Tired of being stuck inside. Glad your blankets are turning out good. I'm still working on one for Austin's bed,almost done,if i would just stay at it. Been busy,you know,sleeping,watching TV, sleeping some more! LOL! I get the milk thistle tomorrow,how much do you take or start out on?. I didn't know they had sugar free choco., I'll look into that too! Have to go to a Dietician in a few weeks. Dr said today my glucose is at 104. So its' not real bad,but my cholesterol the bad stuff was 248,to high,gotta watch that and good chol. was alittle to low. I should have asked for a copy. I'll call later to do that. And exercise.
    Mikie good to have you on board! Welcome! I have a cousin that lives in the florida keys. Send some of that warmth up here but not the humidity please. Sorry to hear about your allergies. I have tons of them also. If not one thing,its another.
    Talk to all soon!
    Hugs, Robin
  11. sisland

sisland New Member

Robin~~There are alot of different milligram levels to milk thistle ,,just start with the 175mg,,a day if you can find it,,,sometimes i have to order it on line because i can't find it in the stores,,,it should run you about $6.00 or so a bottle,,,,,your glucouse level is pretty good!,,,the oatmeal should bring down your cholesteral too if you like to eat it,,,,,Russel stover makes the little bags of sugar free chocolates and they are pretty good!,,,my favourite is chocolate truffel,,,Heresey's also makes it in the little candy bars,,,,,My Dr. also wanted me to see a dietitian but i thought i could do it on my own and have had pretty good luck with it,,,,,i just eat smaller portions of everything and never eat out,,,,i miss that!!,,,,whole grains and fruit and veggies and fish and chicken and lean hamburger,,,also throw in a steak once in awhile,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it has helped my ibs alot and now i get full faster,,,,also i get those little sugar free pudding cups in place of icecream ,,which i love!,,,i'll have it once in awhile,,,,anyway Goodluck!,,,,,i'm almost done with the blankets,,,they are fun to make!,,,,,a yard long a yard wide and batting in the middle,,,i'll,,,,,check in tommorow!,,,sis
  12. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

well there was some sun today so Arabella got to go out in the round pen,she just loves to run. can"t wait to turn her & her Mom out on pasture but its still pretty wet.and its suppose to rain again tomorrow and this week-end.
    I mixed up a starter for bread yesterday and then made our first loaf today,it was nice and crusty on the top.the starter will last up to 2 wks in the frig. so you can make a fresh loaf everyday. I got it from Mother Earth magazine,its Artesian bread.
    I buy the old fashion oatmeal that cooks in 1 minute and add rasins and splenda brown sugar and cinnamon,sometimes walnuts it helps both of us with cholesteral.Walnuts are good for your heart.
    Went and got my hair cut short had the girl spike it.she showed me how to do it so hope it will work for me.
    I didn"t get it cut real short but it looks good in the back. combed up and spiked. thought I"d go punk.
    I'm sitting here laughing because.the first time I spelled it puke.lol.
    Talk about having fibro fog.sometimes I can"t remember how to spell the simplest words.
    Well anyhow hope you all had a good one ,chat at Ya'' tomorrow.hugs sixtyslady.
  13. sisland

sisland New Member

Oh' i bet that cute little filly really liked her romp around in the round pin 60's!,,,,sounds like the rain is stickin' around for a couple days!,,,we keep getting snow over night but then it melts the next day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The bread starter sounds good!,,can you type the recipie up?,,,,,well you and i do the same exact things to our oatmeal!,,,,,,i eat it every night before i take the night meds,,,don't always have walnuts and raisons but i put apple chunks in and just a little bit of margerine,,,,,,your hair sounds cute all punked out!,,lolol,,,,mine is sort of cut that way too!,,,,leave it to us sags!..,,,,,,,,,,Sis
  14. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

So glad Arabella is doing so well! I love to watch them play,they are just all legs!
    I would like the recipe too. Sounds really good.
    I didn't think Splenda was good for us? Or maybe that was a different sweetner?
    I get my hair trimmed tomorrow.Don't think I'm ready for the puked(I mean)Punked(LOL) look yet!
    I'm a sag too,but still not ready for that yet! Although many,many yrs ago i had a afro! Perm gone bad!!!! I cried and cried!!
    HUgs,Robin

PS-My daughter the one who is getting married with 3 children called this morning she told me she was pregnant again,and with me only being 1/4 awake said WHAT!!! She says ya mom! Then she laughed and said April Fools! I was speechless and hung up! She's done this to me on other april fools,ya would think i would learn to expect it! She called back laughing of course. I laughed too. It sure got my heart going and woke me up fast!! The little Sh--!
  15. Mikie SUN and warmth, I don't sit in the sun anymore, but would love to sit and soak it in right now. alot of fibro people swear by tanning beds to help fibro? Never tried it. We are in the rainy, damp season, not good for my body one bit.

That recipe sounds good to me also!

Robin NOT a good april fools joke ! LOL!
  16. sisland

sisland New Member

Just stoppin'by to say hi!,,,the wheather is sunny but chilly,,,,don't have alot to report today,,,but I hope you all are having a great weekend!,,,,,,,Sis
    [This Message was Edited on 04/04/2009]
  17. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"ve been alittle under the weather,not really sick but just have no energy.
    it,s sunny out not to bad kind of chilly.I"ve been trying to clean today ,I"m suppose to have Easter for the family so thought I"d better start early.
    we turned Arabella and her mommie out in the big pasture they did fine ,it just scares me to watch them at first.
    Oh Gals the bread is on Mother Earth link,it tells in detail how to make the starter batch and then different types of bread you can make .it sounds hard but it,s not.
    the garlic that we planted last fall in the garden is growing fast. I"m anxious to see what it looks like when we pull it up for table use.
    Gosh I really need to tackle this computer room, it is so cluttered. It,s always the last room I worry about, and it show,s. well I"d better get back to my cleaning, have a good week-end everyone, hugs sixtyslady.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/04/2009]
  18. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

60's try to get some rest,you've been doing to much lately I'm sure! Ya know your family is there to see you and papa smurf on Easter not to see what your house keeping skills are like!
    I know what you mean about turning them out for the first time. It always scared me too.
    Been cleaning house and cooking on the grill. Went grocery shopping Friday. The County Market had alot of good sales and coupons in the Newspaper. So we stocked up.
    Ron hooked a hose up to the motor on the boat,to see how it ran. Ran good. He is just itchin' to get it in the water! Maybe next weekend. We want to go camping again too. I'm gonna get a cot this yr.,we slept on one of those big air mattresses last yr. and i had a h--- of a time. Ron weights more than i so you know what that was like! And i hurt so bad from it. So i thought the cot may be better. I'll put some extra padding on it too.
    I've been walking again,just around our block. I'm going to try doing it 2 times today. Been trying to watch what i eat also. The nurse called about one of my tests Friday,I'll have to call Monday cause i missed the call.
    Probably won't be doing much tomorrow,they are calling for a few inches of that darn white stuff again! It won't last long,it's suppose to rain too.
    Hugs,Robin
  19. sisland

sisland New Member

Spring is here!,,,lucky dog and i were out and about yesterday runnin' (him),,walkin' me,,,,at the ball fields,,it was Beautiful out as is today also!,,everyone and thier dogs are out walking, biking ,roller skating,raking thier yards and breathing in the Fresh spring air!,,,,,

I'm glad to hear that you all are doing good! ,,Thanks for the Bread link 60's,,i bet Arabella and mom love being out in the pasture!,,,,,,garlic bulbs are something i need to get going in the garden too!,,,,all the snow is gone in the garden finally and my strawberries are starting to green up!,,,Yay!,,wow has it been a long winter!,,although we say that every year!

Robin~~sounds fun to get to go boating and fishing!,,,,i'm with you on the walks!,,,,,building up the distance is what i always have to do every spring too!,,hope all your tests are good!,,,Talked to Janell last night on the phone and she's 10 weeks along now ,& feeling good,, but tierd,,,she loves Care Bears so we decided to get the Yellow sunshine bear for now to go in the Baby's room,,,,Don is a big Redsox fan so thats also a factor for baby stuff!,,,lolol,,,,just so exciteing!,,i'm writing in the baby journal today,,,and finishing up the baby blankets today so i can get them in the mail tommorow or tuesday,,,,,,,,HUgs to all!,,,sis
  20. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Only got one walk around our block yest. with Coley. I like walking with her,she's 10 yrs old,she pulls just enough to keep me going. Abby would drag me all over the place and i can't take that! Been trying to get SO to go with. He says he wants to but always finds something else to do.like sleep.
    I cleaned up the poo in our back yard from this winter. Man did my back hurt from that! Gonna have to pu diapers on our doggies!!!
    This morning started out sun shiny and chilly,while i was picking up dog poo it was spittin little ice balls. Now it's real cloudy.
    Melissa is coming this afternoon for more of her things.
    Don't know if I'll get a walk in today,but will try.
    Hugs,Robin