Spring Chat 3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Apr 23, 2009.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi Gals!

Thought we needed a new thread,,,,,your not going to believe what the wheather is doing today!,,,,it's been in the upper 70's low 80's for about a week now,,,,,,well not today ,,,lolol,,it's snowing and blowing and 35 degrees and supposed to continue for the next couple of days!,,,,,,,,,,,,,yea!,,,,,

Yes 60's i hope your feeling better by now!,,,no-one knows what it feels like for us to have a Good day!,,,,,i can picture little Arabella trying to get her halter off,,,Now what is the stuff you said you were going to plant?,,,hastas? hope i spelled that right,,,,,they had some red cabbage plants at the store today almost got some ,,,,,I love cabbage,,red and green,,,,,,don't buy to much lettuce anymore because it doesn't keep very long,,,,,
    Robin,,,,I need to get my Vit-D levels checked too!,,,yours sound good!,,,,,i hope the IPA will pay for the new therapy for you!,,,Sounds like Coley is feeling great!,,,,,,,Good-Luck on sellin' the Truck!,,,,,My show is on "Survivor" gotta run ,,,,,,,,Hugs,,Sis
  2. Good morning, nicer weather coming here also. Everyone has been sick here, its been 50 degrees, today 80! No wonder everyone is sick! But sun, I need sun.

I need to ask to ck vit D levels, I take it now with my calcium but who knows what my level is. I need a total body scan! Not that it will do any good. I wish I could wake up and feel NORMAL again, whatever that is.

anyone watching Dancing with the stars? I really like Toni and the Bachelor gal, duh fogtime, can't think of her name.

later, Fibrobutterfly

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi,,,,Hope your all feeling better soon!
    your right!,,,,a whole body scan would probably create more problems than we already have!,,Vit-d is supposed to be really good for us. need to pick up some more ,,just ran out,,,
    Dancing with the Stars is really good this time too!,,Melissa and Toni are doing a great job!,,,,my pick is Chuck and Julianne,,They are all pretty good this year!
    Ty Murray is fun to watch also the Champ bull rider,,,,,,,Sis
  4. Yes I also really like Jewel's boyfriend Ty too, he is what the show started to be, starting from no dancing to see how far you can go learning. He was a bit stiff at first but is loosening up a bit. And yes Chuck and Julianne are a cute couple.
  5. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Fibro,I hope you all feel better soon!
    Sis.Thanks for starting a new thread.
    We went fishing around Thompson and Savanna are yesterday. Neither of us caught anything. We got stuck in the mud at Thompson. The river had gone down a foot over night we were told. It took a while but we got out. Ron had to get in the water and push the boat. He wasn't happy. There were a LOT of Bass fisherman out. They were practicing for Tournaments.
    We got back around 3pm. Cooked out. And I went to bed. Pooped out again. The temp. was 83, and windy. We both got a sun burn on our faces and wind burn.
    Jen's shower is in Wisconsin today. I found a antique meat platter for her shower today. And a antique cake plate and server for the shower next wkend. The girls went shopping for dresses. They found 2 baby blue dresses for $20 a peice,but couldn't find one for the maid of honor. I told her it didn't have to match the other 2 girls. I'm sure they will figure it out.
    We had 2 calls on the truck yest.,but they said they would call back.
    There was a grease fire in town last night in an apt. building where my daughter use to live. They had 4 different towns come to help. 2 apt. had damage. No one was hurt.
    I haven't watched Dancing with the stars for a while,but i do enjoy it. I loved to dance before my back problems,good way to stay fit.
    Have a good day,will check in later tonight. Hugs,Robin
  6. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I can"t say good because I feel like s'''''t.bad night again
    my arms are still numb and in pain,got up at 6, and went right to the shower and let it just hit on my back& arms and just took 2 advil.
    WEll any who ,we got our hostsa transplanted yesterday
    and I"d like to plant some pansies that I bought at walmart.but I just heard the thunder so we"ll have to hope it doesn"t rain all day.
    Sis hope your weather warms back up. did you have any flowers up yet?
    Robin,good luck selling your truck,usually trucks sell faster than cars.I don"t know what we'd do without our old truck,seems like we"ve always had 1 around, of course the whole family barrows it when they need to haul something.My middle daughter has to have a hesterectomy May 13th she just email me and ask for prayer.I know she,s scared. just breaks my heart to see my kids have to go through tuff things.
    I guess I"m just having a hard time with my emotions,lack of sleep I think.
    Fibro hope your all felling better by now.Robin have a good time at the shower. Hugs sixtyslady.
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Great to hear from you all!,,,60's sounds like your in a flare,,sorry to hear that!,,,the only thing that helps me when i'm in one is just to lay around and rest with a heating pad and pain meds,,,,,because i know that if i don't it will get worse!,,,,,lack of sleep and being in pain defenitly make the emotions soar!,,,,no fun! I hope you feel better soon gal!,,,,,,,,,,Hope your girl comes through the surgery great!,,i'll pray for her too! Hysters take awhile to recover from

My painted daises are starting to bush out,,,,they are the only perinals that i have planted,,,,,,,and the strawberries,,there are 2 big ruhbarb plants in the garden,,,,,they totaly amaze me every year at how resilient they are!,,looking forward to getting the planters going with Pansies (my favourite!,,,,,and petunias and the salvia,,,and no i don't smoke that!,,,,,,,lolol,,,it's just pretty!,,they look like the red indian paint brush that grow in the woods,,,,,
    R~~sorry to hear you got stuck in the mud!,,hoping you had fun on the boat though!,,,,sounds like your busy with the wedding,,,,i love antique plates ! and have always wanted to get a cake stand plate with server,,,,,,Have fun at the shower dear!

Fibro~~did you know that TY Murray and Jewel are Married?,,and yes he has really learned how to dance,,,he's so far out of his element,,,lolol,,,,,,what do you think of Gilles the Italian guy?,,,wow is he Handsome!,,and a really good dancer too!,,,cheryl his partner is always allover him,,,,and his wife has to watch from the side lines,,,,,,although week before last i saw him run over and kiss her after the dance was over,,,,and the look on Cheryl's face was "Oh my goodness maybe i should behave myself",,,,good idea!,,,,,,,,,,,hope you all have a great day,,,,,,sis
    P.S.
    I'm leaving to go see the girls on May 1st,,so have to get the car vacumed out and ready to go,,,,it will be along drive but Kym is Graduating from college so it's important to be there for her!,,,,I'm dreading being in the same (Area) as the Ex! the girls Dad,,,but hey i can ignore him!,,,,,,,anyway,,,,life goes on!
  8. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

We had some storms rumble threw last night. Heard we could have some severe ones today,so button down the hatches!
    The shower was nice.So many people! A bit overwheming for me. And the weather was crappy. So as you can guess I'm in a flare again! The car ride didn't help either.
    60's I hope you are feeling better soon! I will say a prayer for your daughter. I had a partial Hysterectomy about 7 or 8 yrs. ago. They were able to do it vaginally. Tell her to take her pain meds on time,it will help. I recovered faster having it done vaginally I think. I really didn't have much time to recooperate when I got home. Husband was flat on back with having esophogus removed and I had 30 horses to take care of. My helpers left a few days after I got home from Hospital. Oh,well,I got threw it. I know what you mean about watching our kids going threw tough things.
    Sis,hoping you'll have a great time at your daughters graduation! I also know how you are feeling about being in the same area as your ex. I think my daughters father will be at the wedding. But he is not walking her down the isle. She asked me too. So maybe the A--h--e won't show up. It would make my day! Jen is hoping he won't come too. She sent him a invite JUST because he is her father(If ya wanna call him that,HAsn't had anything to do with her since she was 2). Anyway. Have a safe trip!! And have fuun!!
    Hugs,Robin
  9. sisland

sisland New Member

A new way of reporting the wheather!,,,lol,,,sounds like a busy day Robin,,,hope you get to relax today!,,,we always know what we are going to feel like the next day after activities,,,,So exciteing that your girl Jen is getting Married!,,,How Wonderful that she chose you to walk her down the isle!,,,,

after reading your exsperience with the hystrerectomy i had to share mine,,,,i was only 29,, 2 years after my youngest was born,,,,anyway i had to have a total due to endrometreosis,,,,and it took me the whole 6 weeks to get back on my feet again ,,remember having to learn how to walk again,,,,,,my point (if we add up all the stuff we lived through in our younger years it might exsplain why we got these dd's,,,,,,,,,

Oh' yes the ex thing!,,,mine was an emotional and mental abuser,,,a Narrcisist (sp) to be more exact,,,,,,I've come to the conclusion that i have to separate my very resentful feeling towards him,,,in other words i can't stand to be in the same room or town as him)

But yes they are my daughters and i love them all very Much ,,and am now feeling confident enough to stand beside them,,,with or with out him there!,,,,,,,,S
  10. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

well slept alittle better last night ,but still having trouble with my arms.wow did we get the rain ,but its really humid out,good old Il,goes right from winter to summer.
    Austin,s birthday party was today so we went up there my daughter had about30 people ,but she had last night off,so that helped.
    we had a good time talking about old times an d my middle daughter Josie told how she slept on top of the sheet so all she had to do was pull the comforter up and her bed was made,so she could get to the shower first in the morning,Man the hair spray that use to be in that bathroom with 4 girls it was terrible just about gaged a person.
    I know what you gals mean about ex,s I just made up my mind that he wasn"t going to bother me anymore I just go to family things like graduation,s and pretend he,s not there,his wife always speaks to me and I"ll even talk to her and she,s the one he was carry on with when we got our divorce,but I can tell it piss,es him off because I talk to her. He ran around on her also ,I"m glad she had to put up with it and not me.
    ya know what goes around comes around. He,s just a cranky old man now. I lmao over it. chat in the morning have a good night. Hugs sixtyslady.
  11. sisland

sisland New Member

Just thought i'd stop by to say hello to my favourite gals!,,it's getting down to the wire for me to get the packin' done for the road trip!,,,,,Yea!,,,,,,have to plan things out ahead of time and not take everything i own ,,,,,,lolol,,,,i have 2 dress outfits picked out for the Graduation day and then just the casual clothes that i normaly wear everyday!,,,,,,,,,,,,,plus shoes,,etc,,,

actualy bought a pair of blue heels to go along with my outfit!,,,i haven't worn heels in along time!,,they are 1 1/2 inches,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i'll probably fall and break my neck,,,,,just kiddin'!,,oh yes and i can't forget the camera!,,,,had to buy some of those rechareable batteries for it!,,,,,wow are they spendy!

got the car vacumed out and washed,,,just have to get the tire pressure checked before i head out,,,,,,still havn't gotten the windshield washer jug replaced,,tried to but they can't even order it ,,so have to check out the junk yards for one ,,,still don't know how it got the whole in it! since i'm not doin' any off road driving,,,,who knows!,,,it should be ok unless i run into mud and slush,,,,

60's had to giggle at how you said your girl sleeps on top of the sheets!,,,i do that too!,,,,,and the hair spray,,,the dog runs and hides when i spray my hair,,,lolol,,,,,

so you talk to the Ex's wife just to piss him off! Good for you!,,lolol,,,,,once they cheat on you they will do it again and again regardless if they are married or not!,,,,,mine cheated on me with a married woman,,,,,,oh what fun huh!,,,i'm so glad i don't have to deal with him anymore!,,,,,an alcholic to boot,,,and drugs,,,,wow could i pick um!,,,,,,,,My girls turned out really well despite all the crap ,,,because i didn't give up on them!,,,,,maybe thats another reason for the illness,,,,being a single parent was no fun,,,,but i loved the girls so much that it never crossed my mind to leave them behinde!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sorry i got carried away!!,,,,,i know there are alot of single parents out there and God Bless them all!,,,,,they work very hard to make it!,,,,,,,,ok i'll be quiet now!,,,,,,,Hugs!,,,sis
  12. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

60's, wow 30 people,how did you do it with all over stimulation? That many people make me sooo nervous and wears me out. Even being in a crowd outside bothers me. The noise,the movement of people.
    Sounds like you had a great time.
    I've been having the burning in my arms lately also. I tried a tiger balm patch the other night and it seemed to help some. Gosh I hate that burning feeling!
    Sis, sounds like you are getting things together for your trip. It will be nice for you to get away and see family. But take it easy,you know what happens when we go visiting!
    I hope you can wear your heels. I've given up on that. If there's any kiind of heel on my shoes,it just kills me. The pain and swelling just make it impossible for me to wear them.
    That is strange the jug would have a hole in it. Don't have a clue on why that would have happened.
    My girls always slept on top of the sheets also. I could never figure out why. Melissa still does that. I'll have to ask them why. Sometimes they even took sheets and all off their beds,which really drove me nuts! (short trip I know.LOL!).
    Sis, you can vent anytime you need to about your ex,it helps me to not inflict bodily harm to them when I vent! I've 4 ex husbands. Ya I said 4! I have waited for the day when I don't have to deal with any of them. I only had 2 children so that helped,having to deal with the 2 ex's. Still wasn't fun! But that is pretty much done now. They just don't want to step in front of my big truck! It's not so much what they had done to me in the past,I'm over that mostly. It's what they did to my girls in the past and present is what I still have a problem with.
    Ok now I'm getting carried away.So I'll shut up! LOL!!
    We moved our boat to a storage unit yest. and some other stuff. Bought some Begonia's. Looked them up for care instructions last night. Learned they do good n the house! Will have to get something else for outside.
    Well i better get this submitted before i lose it.
    Hugs, Robin
  13. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

can you believe it it,s not raining. we did get some flowers planted in between the showers and they all look good just took right a hold with the rain on them.
    my fish pond needs to be reworked ,but my son said as soon as it warms up he"ll empty it and clean it all out.I"d like to have a water falls over it so Dustin thinks he has enough stones to make one for me,he made this pond for me 4yrs ago for a Mothers day gift,and now it needs some repair. the pump needs to be replaced. so I'll have to go to menards and get a new one,its not a real big pond so I just stick the hose in it and let it over flow until it,s clean again.I have flowers started around it. it looks kind of neat and nice to sit by and listen to the water trickle when its real hot.I got a e-mail saying to spray listerine to get rid a mosito,s (spelling).
    Sis hope you really have a nice trip and just enjoy.and just think how lucky you are to have gotten rid of your ex,keep a grin on your face ,he won"t know what your thinking it will P.O. him,I"m so bad.Robin,you can plant Begonia's outside I had one last year in a hanging basket it did really well. got to go. Hugs sixtyslady.
  14. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I am not in a good place right now,having more issues with my mother. But i am ok today. Just furious! She is just being herself and I'm just not going to take anymore of her.
    I need time to calm down.
    Hoping your days are better than mine.
    Be back soon, Hugs,Robin
  15. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for all the well whishes for the trip!,,,,i'll be leaving earlie tommorow morning,,,,God willin' and the Creeks don't rise i'll make it into Billings about 6 pm,,,it's all of 600 miles and about 8 hrs woth of driving,,,i'
    ll be in a flare for a month when i get home,,,,,,but you know it's something i want to do to be there for my girls!,,,60's,,,Got the Strawberries cleaned out and the weeds out of the tomatoe bed,,,looks better in the garden,,now!,,,,,glad to hear your planting stuff!

Robin~~ We're hear for you dear!,,,hope your day gets better!,,i have to face the ex for a few days and i'm not lookin forward to that at all,,,,,,he's such an abuser!,,,sounds like your Mom is too!,,,Stand up tall and don't take any c--p!,,,,,i'll check back in during the day!,,,,HUgs!,,,sis
  16. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

just wanted to say have a safe trip. and enjoy. I"m alittle concerned about this swine flu ,because all of my girls work in the medical field,and need to be careful.
    Robin take a deep breath, and just try to think about something good.it can be hard sometimes dealing with family. hope things settle down soon.
    Well just wanted to say Hi.keep us posted Sis.
    Hugs sixtyslady.
  17. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Sis, I'm sure you've taken off on your trip by now. Thank you for the encouragement! I'll be ok. You have a great time! And take it easy when you get home.
    60's,the depression board has helped me so much with the problems with my father and mother problem. I'm bouncing back faster now than ever. Unfortunately for my own health and peice of mind I am going to have to disassociate with them. I see no other way. It's unfortunate. But i just can't do it anymore. So be it!
    on to a happier subject! I saw 3 of my grands today. Maddie is starting to walk all over the place! She is such a cute little thing! I got the video recorder out. Ily was very happy to see me,got all kinds of hugs and kisses. Austin is so funny. They make my heart so happy! Austin has called a few times this past week. He wanted to talk to his grandma my daughter tells me. He says Hi grandma,i love you,i want to come stay with you. Then i can hear him kissing the phone,and he says talk later and hands the phone to his ma. They just do my heart good!!
    Melissa has decided to stay with her beau a while longer. He has promised her the world of course. I don't worry about her so much,she is a strong girl. When she has had enough she'll come home. She called the other day and told me how much she loves me because i listen to her and she feels she can tell me anything. I must have done something right!
    Jen has decided on dresses for her wedding party,now all the girls have to do is go get them.Things are coming together for her. Her Dr put her on a steroid inhaler 2 puffs twice a day. They think the MRSA is under control. They think asthma now. And she will be having a sleep study done this month. So it sounds like they are on top of things.
    Yes, this swine flu has me worried also! Especially for jennifer. I can understand your fear as well 60's. I'm sure they will take all possible precautions. But that doesn't stop the worry does it. I will say a prayer for everyone!
    Hugs,Robin
  18. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

just taking a breather. got supper out of the way and of course the sun came out late this afternoon.just need it to be out for 2 days so things would dry up.
    Glad to hear the wedding plans are going fine and your daughters health is o.k.sounds like you had a good time with the Grandkids.its fun to have them ,because you can just love them and send them home,Papa smurff always says if he would have known how much fun grandkids are,he would have had them first.one of my egg costumers brought me some fresh asparagus,and she said she bring me some rurbarb next week.
    I just love fresh food,I don"t even care if I go to the store in the summer time can just eat out of the garden.
    we love wilted lettuce.can"t wait to have some.My great niece mad me a western necklace it,s beautiful.with amber and agua stones and a conco with a cross.,I love it.well I hope Sis is at her destination. chat tomorrow.
    hugs sixtyslady.
  19. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I have said the very same as your husband about the grandkids!! Some people don't get it,i just tell them to think about it!
    We took our chow for a bathe the other day. She was pulling her hair out. The gal sells eggs too,so we picked up 3 doz. Love em!
    We went mushroom hunting also,I found 6 big ones in the middle of a park(mowed area),ron didn't find any.
    Yest. we fished on the shore at Thompson and ron caught a huge Carp,he really put up a fight! He had to of weighed at least 10 lbs. We put him back(don't have a smoker). Then he caught a 26 in. catfish. We kept him of course,got some real nice filets.
    Then we went mushroomin' at a park. Didn't find anything. I think it had been pretty well picked over by the time we got there. Twisted my ankle after tripping around for a half hr. so that was the end of my searching. It'll be ok. Just so hard to admit i can't do the things i use to. Oh well life goes on!
    The shower is today and I've things to do,so catch ya later!
    Hugs,Robin
    60's ron read in the paper this morning they suspect a few cases of the swine flu in winnebago co. They haven't confirmed it yet,doing testing. Man this is so scarey!!!
    I have caught a terrible cold from my grandson and I'm sure my immunity was down from all the stress I've been going threw with mother. Sore throat,ear ache,head plugged up,sneezing. I'm throwing everything at it i can think of.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2009]
  20. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

just got back from our daughters birthday party,So just trying to get the guys something for supper,brats, and chips I"m to popped to cook tonight.
    Glad you and Ron got to go fishing,we love mushrooms too we find them in our wooded area. Dustin got the garden tilled today,him and his Dad finally got their new tractor and tiller,with a bucket. so things should be a little easier to do around here like cleaning stalls.
    Hope to get some lettuce and onions in tomorrow. So glad that you like fresh eggs,I guess because we raise them.but i do know that since I don't eat prepackaged foods I feel better.
    Gargle with salt water thats what I always make the kids do.and I use just plain saline to spray in my nose.I just get it at walmarts.
    my nose dry,s out so bad that the spray really helps.
    well kido the brats are done so I"ll chat with ya later.hugs sixtyslady.