Spring Chat 4

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by robin1667, May 25, 2009.

1. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

How's everyone today?
    60's hope things are better.
    sis, sounds like you are having a good time visiting.
    We went fishing yesterday,didn't take the boat. We caught a bunch of bluegills,but they were to small so we put them back.
    Yest. it rained off and on. I think it may do the same today. Looks kinda gloomy out.
    Not much to report,tired and having back pain,partly from the weather i think.
    This to shall pass,soon i hope!
    Will check in later.
    Hugs,Robin
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi Robin!

Thanks for starting a new chat!,,,,,60's,,,yes dear i hope things are going ok too!,,,please check in when you can,,,,,Robin sounds like a great time fishing!,,,never heard of blue gills before,,,but i'm guessing it's fun to catch them!,,,,,,i'm in the hurting mode too right now!

Had a great time visiting and was wiped out on Sunday,,,,,yesterday i cleaned out a cupboard and took stuff to the food bank,,,plus my neighbor lady always gives me stuff in quanities so decided not to be greedy!,,,,,The strawberries are in full bloom in the garden,,we cut down all the rughbarb plants on sunday and took that to the food bank too,,,,,,,not much eles to report eighter,,getting ready now for a Brother visit,,,,,HUgs!,,,Sis
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I c ome and visit the board,but sometimes just don"t have the heart to write,things are not good here.
    My husband is just getting worse .I just don"t know how much longer I can take it. I can"t talk to my kids because they all really don"t want to hear it anyway.
    I woke up around 3a.m. this morning with a terrible headache and could"t go back to sleep.so I finnally just got up around 5,trying to be quiet so he would't wake up he,s like a 3yr old in the mornings and gets all the dogs acting up and with my head pounding I just didn"t need it,it use to be so peaceful before he retired,mornings where my favorite time of the day the dogs would just go out and then come back in and I"d feed them ,then we"d sit on the deck and just enjoy the peace,but now everything is just crazy,he,s yelling at the dogs and banging the dishes out in the kitchen,he never check,s the dishwasher to make sure that their clean,so alot of the time I have to take dirty ones out of the cupboard and put them back in the dishwasher.
    so I had this head ache until noon,and after I got him lunch I told him I needed to lay down and take a nap he said he had work to do outside,but has soon as I fell asleep he rolled the garage door up which happens to be under my bedroom and woke me up. needless to say I never got to take a nap and my headache came back only worse.
    I think he did it on purpose .because I watch him walk back down to the barn and he didn"t have anything in his hands. he,s become very mean.
    His Mother acted the same way,poor Grandpa try to take care of her,but finnally had to put her in the nursing home.
    I"ve got alot ahead of me,I just keep praying for God's help.
    hope ya'al had a good week-end mine wasn"t to bad .
    I"m in a achey place to just hurt all over,alot of it,s stress.
    Robin I can remember catching blue gills with my Dad.it was fun, and sun fish.
    Sis,it,s so good of you to send food to the food bank.wished I had some of your ruhbarb.Love the jelly I use to make with it and strawberries. well have to go
    Hugs sixtyslady.
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

60's~~I'm so sorry that you have to put up with this behavior from dh!,,do you think it's a medical problem?,,,sounds like you really need to get away from it all!,,,maybe a couple days away in a motel somewhere that you can just rest and not have to deal with him,,,,,,,or maybe your afarid to leave him alone for what you might come home to!

please don't put yourself in harms way!,,maybe you can call and make a Dr.'s appt for him to get all this checked out!,,,you know what they say about the caregiver being the first to have major problems ,,,and you already have alot to deal with, with this illness!,,,,,,,I'm praying for you and hope that the kids will see the light and help you out!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HUgs!,,,Sis
  5. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

60's,you can talk to us anytime you need,we are hear to support one another and help if we can.I know it helps me just writing about things that bother me. I'm sorry dh is being the way he is. I've been trying to write off ron's onryness lately to his job. But in his case,he's like this 3/4th of the time. All he did today was rant and rave and yell about not being able to do his unemployment over the phone. He's laid off this week. He called a friend for help and was told to do it on the internet site,it was easy. He tried,but was having problems and was yelling like a 3 yr old,at one point he threw something in the computer rm. I just kept busy and out of his way. But he just kept going on and on and on. Finally i told him to go to bed. He actually did! But he wasn't any better when he got up. Melissa called and asked if i would come get her in Janesville tomorrow. She is watching an 86 yr old relative for a few days. I made the mistake of asking ron while we were still on the phone and he just lost it. Yelling and carrying on. Melissa finally said mom it's ok.She would ask her sister to do it. I don't like the way he treats my girls and I've about had enough of it! He doesn't make them feel very welcome in his home. Only when HE wants too. Melissa doesn't have a car yet and he makes her feel bad when she ask for help. I tell him you know she will help us when we need it. He doesn't seem to care. And it is really wearing on my nerves. If i have to pick it will be my daughters! He's not affectionate. And i am finding myself staying up late to avoid him when he goes to bed. I just feel like i am being a verbal punching bag for him. I need to start saving some money because i feel the end may be near. I need to get my own place i think. I can't keep going like this. I can't seem to do anything right for him lately. And I'm getting tired of trying.
    Sorry i got off on my rant.
    60's i hope you can get him to the doc to get checked out. But i know that may be difficult for you to convince him of it. I'm sure Dustin has seen what is going on,can he talk to the other siblings? as to what is going on? Do you think it may be him having a rough time adjusting to retirement or it could very well be the start of alzheimers? Is there someone you can talk to that would talk to him and see if they can find out what is up with him?
    I am praying for you and dh. And please remember we are hear for you,as you have been for us. Big,Big Hugs my Friend!!!! Robin
  6. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I am feeling better tonight.Things are better with ron today also. I've come to realize I just can't take the stress from someone who is stressing. I somehow have to get away from it when it happens. Even though i know he wasn't mad at me,he takes things out on me. It isn't right. I have to remember he did not have a family life so to speak growing up. He has gotton better with his out bursts since i first met him. But he still has a long way to go. I know it sounds like i am making excuses for his behavior. But i guess i'll stick it out a while longer. Glutten for punishment i guess. Life goes on right.
    60's i hope things are better for you today.
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm checking in to say hi and i hope things are going better for you both on the home front!,,,,there are so many stressers in life!,,,I'm praying for you both!
    My Brother is on his way up for a visit,,,He lives on the Salmon River in Idaho,,so it's about an 8 hour drive,,he will probably stay for a couple days and then head up to see my Dad and Brother,,,,,,if i don't check in for a couple days,,,,thats what i'm doing!,,,,,,,,,HUgs & prayers!,,,sis
  8. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

looks like its going to be a nice day.I"m still having headache,s.
    things are alittle more quiet here on the home front,I hope it last for awhile.
    Robin,I know what you mean about being around people that are stressed out I have to get away too.
    My hubby can be like living with Jekcle and hyde.
    his mood swings are bad.and the out burst can just come at any moment without warning.
    Well on to lighter things My neice came over and worked with my Mare and is going to show her for me in June at the rock river trail and horseman show at franklin horsemans park. and she helped us get our other mare loaded,this mare has been stubborn about getting into the trailer. my neice has twin girls their just alittle over a yr old and those babies just sat in their stroller and where so good.
    Our garden is up good and doing well since it rained.
    Sis I hope you have a good visit with your brother.
    well gals I have to run to the Walmart and then go pick up my sidekick Austin. hugs Sixtyslady.
  9. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

sis, I hope you had a good time with your brother.
    60's,sounds like your hubby and my boyfriend may be related,cause ron is the same way.It seems anything and everything sets him off. He was putting down my girls saturday and i had enough. I just quit talking to him and he wondered WHY. Eventually i told him exactly why! He didn't like that either. I said ok,your not happy with me or my kids,you knew i had kids when we met and moved in together. So I'll leave then. Boy did he start back tracking! He knows he can't afford to keep his home and his toys without me finacially. i told him i realize he is worried about the situation at his work place and this may be alot as to why he is being a jerk. But don't take it out on me and my girls. I told him i can't take his Bi-----g! all the time. Jen don't even live with us! He feels jen should wait on getting married,well that is not my call,she will do what she will,she'd 25 yrs old! Melissa well is playing the field,well she can she's single and 29 yrs old. she has a good job now,is rarely home,helps with groceries,is getting another car soon,takes care of her son,what more do ya want. I think it's the car thing. I told him if we need help with a vehicle she be right there to help! Anyway,things have calmed down.We went fishing yesterday, I caught 2 walleyes and a big stripped bass,he caught a small cat fish. There was alot of traffic on the river,walleye tournament. Boats were flying everywhere. It really wasn't to safe the way they were driving. We tried to stay out of their way.
    Yes,lighter things.
    I replanted the green beans,only 2 plants have come up in 3 weeks. Hopefully the new ones got a good start with the rain we got last night. Everything else looks good.
    Sounds exciting having your mare in the horsemen show! I hope they do well!!! Let us know how it goes. We use to have a blue heeler who would help us get bad loaders in the trailer. She nip at their heels till they would load. She didn't hurt them,but the loaded real nice after that. Do you have a 2 horse trailer? Sometimes horses don't like the 2 horse trailers. We'd brib them with some grain to get them in. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't.
    Gotta get my shower in this morning. Talk to ya's soon.
    Oh,cranky pants went back to work this morning and i'm in heaven right now!
    Hugs,robin

[This Message was Edited on 06/01/2009]
  10. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

rain go away,we"ve got so much to do outside. the grass looks like it wasn"t mowed 3 days ago.
    Had the vet come last nite to give all the horses their coggins test.
    working hard on trying to get everything together for the horse show,if I can find all of my grooming supplies went to farm & fleet and got stuff to make our own fly spray. and got 2 fly traps make them out of milk jugs.
    now trying to get saddle blankets and tack ready for the show.
    whew,I"ll be worn out by the time I get finish. but I really enjoy it. Hope my old cranky pants behaves him self and doesn"t spout off at the show,he does that alot.
    I just cringe when he says things he should"t . but as my one daughter said Mom it,s not you saying those things so don"t worry about it.
    Sis, hows your weather? and did you have a good visit with your brother. Won"t be long and that Grandbaby will be here. I bet you can Hardly wait.
    Robin, glad you got a day to yourself yesterday,I know what you mean sometimes it,s a treat when papa smruf just goes and gets hay or to the store so I can have sometime alone. well I have to get the day started.
    Hugs sixtyslady
  11. sisland

sisland New Member

The wheather has been great!,,lots of sun and alittle wind here! had a great visit with my Brother,,,we went up and spent the day with our dad and other Brother on Saturday,,had a bbq,,,got alot of visiting in!,,,,,Bro. left to go home on sunday,,,i've been catching up on my rest since!

Good to hear things are going better on the home fronts!,,,,Fishing, horse shows,,the boys behaving themselves,,all sounds great!

The garden is booming!,,Strawberries are in full bloom and the painted daises are just about ready to pop open too!,,,i'm going to buy tomato plants today or tommorow and get them in the ground,,,it's been cooling off at nite pretty good here so thats why i waited.
    We get to find out the sex of the baby on the 15th of this month,,just a few more days,,so exciting!
    The kids are heading to Denver Col. for a wedding so they will be gone for a week,,,,,

Ok now you gals keep them fellas in line!,,,,lolol,,,,HUgs to both of you!,,,,,sis
  12. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

sis,sounds like you had a real nice visit with family!!
    Well the wedding is getting closer! The kids are worried about rain now! They built onto the pavilion with tarps. And are looking for a hall just in case. Pray for good weather! We will be bringing Ily home with us saturday night. I haven't seen her in a while. Will have her till monday.
    60's glad your being able to spend time with Austin! Cranky pants likes to embarrass me also with stupid out bursts also. I know how it makes you feel! It drives me crazy! But if i say anything about it he just makes it worse. Haven't figured out how to make him stop that. Aren't they like little children?! I told him i was going to record him when he does it so he could see what he does,but i don't think that would even do any good!
    Our garden is doing good also. Just waiting for the 2nd planting of the beans to pop up. My roses are blooming also and pansies are doing good.
    It makes it so nice to know the sex of the baby. I've known a few who had this done and the baby turned out to be the opposite sex! What a surprise they had! I can feel your excitement. I am so happy for you!
    I gave Austin his crocheted blanket yesterday for his bed. He was so funny,he rolled himself in it and rolled around on the floor. So think he liked it!
    Sis,i think i may need a bull whip to keep ron in line! He is doing better with his attitude for now anyway! He will be laid off again next week. They are suppose to get busy on his press on the 13th of this month. I can't wait!!
    Hugs,Robin
  13. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

hope the sun comes out soon. Papa cleaned the horse stalls today,but of course I had to tell him they needed it.I never realized that he can"t do anything without being told to do it.because he was at work until last yr.
    it.s funny how you never really know a person until your with them 24-7/no wonder so many people end up divorced after they retire.now I know why the guys he worked with use to get mad at him.
    he,s truck is having brake problems and I had to fight with him to get him to call the shop to get them fixed.
    He doesn"t take care of any thing. but anyhow he was outside most of the day,so I got a break from him. and tomorrow he"ll be gone with the truck for awhile.
    wow peace and quiet. I like my alone time,I really miss it. We have nothing in common anymore we don"t even watch t.v. at night.
    Well Robin at least we got this board to chat and Sis to tell us to hang tight. Thank you my sisters.your friend ship means so very much. HUgs and have a good night sixtyslady.
  14. sisland

sisland New Member

Hope you's are having a good night!,,,Them guy's sound like they are more trouble than they are worth!,,,that's just mho!,,The peace and quiet and the alone time are 2 of my most treasured things!,,,,,,,but on the other hand being alone isn't all that fun eighter!,,I've just gotten so used to it that it hardly bothers me anymore!,,,,,,lucky dog is alot of company!

all i have to do is listen to the neighbor gal across the fence cuss and yell at her dh all the time and that's enough for me!

finally got my summer tires put on the car today ,,,,and while waiting for that i walked over to the dollar store and found some "good buys",,lolol,,,,almost bought another wind chime (don't need another one),,,,,found some really cute planters ,,,i'll be busy tommorow filling them up with petunias and marigolds i bought also,,

well gals i hope things get better with the boys! in the mean time have fun with the Grands! they love you's no matter what!,,,HUgs!,,,sis
  15. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

I had a good day with melissa and Gabe yesterday. We went shopping for clothes for the wedding. Ate at a chinese restaurant. Did some shopping at aldi's. Got home about 4:30. I was pooped out! Had chicken on the grill. Talked with my sister for over an hr.,she is having problems with her 16 yr old daughter. I soooo know what she is going through.
    Sis,sometimes i do feel i would be better off alone and at other times i don't want to be alone. Guess we have to take the good with the bad. Sometimes it's hard with the fibro because we are sooo over stimulated and we are in tune with the people closest to us and when they are stressed it makes it worse on us. I guess partly because we do care and want to fix things to make it right. As mom's we try to fix everything,i know i do. I also try to remember ron is under alot of stress worrying about his job,if we can make all the payments. And it is sooo overwheming for me also. I have to choose when to keep my mouth shut and just listen. Not ask to many questions as he gets over loaded also. I know,I'm making excuses for him again. But i do love him. I just need to vent once in a while i guess. He does have good qualities. I will get my peice and quite again when he is back to work full time. Soon hopefully! This economy is hard on everyone.
    Jen and jamie are getting the food ready today for the wedding. Things are going good there.
    Melissa has picked out a car she wants,the check is in the mail we are told.
    Picked some radishes the other day,the taste so good. The rest of the garden is doing good. Still waiting on the green beans,it'll be a few days before i see anything I'm sure.
    60's hope things are getting better for you. I know my dad drove my mom crazy when they retired also. They worked together at their buisness every day. But when they retired it was like they didn't know what to do with themselves and was lost. And got on each others nerves real easy. They still do.
    Hugs,Robin
  16. sisland

sisland New Member

Yes Robin i know you have to look at the Big picture in life!,,Everyone has thier faults and good points,,,even us!,,,lolol,,I can relate to the over stimulation thing!,,we all can,,,,,,sounds like the wedding is comming togeather nicely!,,,,,I'm sure it will be a wonderful day for Jen and dh to be and for all of you's! Have as much fun as you can in one day!.,,,,,,are there margaritas involved?,,lolol

you just reminded me i need to plant some radishes! i love them and have one little garden space left to put something in,,Finally got the tomatoes in 3 days ago,,,we had a huge storm blowing through last night so it cooled off considerably this am:,,,38 degrees,,,,brr! ,,but not freezing so thats good for all the gardens and flowers!

60's ,,,,How are you doing? Fine i hope!,,maybe your at the horse show this weekend,,if so hope you win!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,HUgs!..,,,,,,Sis
  17. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

cloudy here,Robin sounds like the wedding is coming together. hope you just enjoy your self.
    the horse show is next week-end,but we had drill team practrice last night and the drill team is in a parade this Sun,so today is mostly bathing the horses.
    Papa smurff has been better lately,he sometimes forgets to take his thyroid meds ,and I"m beginning to wonder if that makes him so moody.Short of just giving him his meds,I don"t know what else to do.But you know how men,s pride are.
    anyhow I"m just made up my mine I"m going to take care of my self first,and if I need to lay down I"m going to,if I want to relax in the tub,if I want to go for a drive by myself I will.I have to have sometime for me or I can"t be the normal sweet gal that I"am.lol"""""
    Thanks for letting me vent it helps.
    Our garden is commimg along good,and I got to qt ,s of strawberries at Aldi,s for 49cts a qt. isn"t that great,
    hope we can start taking things to our local farmers market soon.well Gals have a great week-end hugs sixtyslady.
  18. sisland

sisland New Member

Good to hear from you 60's too!,,,,,I really like the idea of taking care of yourself first!!,,,That's a grand idea!,,,afterall that's what all the exsperts tell you to do in the self help books (i've read a couple),,lolol

And it makes sense because if you put yourself first then papa smurff will have to be more self sufficent for himself and then he will appreciate you more!,,and when he makes mistakes or forgets to do something then it will all start to make sense to him that you are not going to wait on him hand and foot!,,,,,,
    I guess i'm venting too,,lolol,,,Because My Mom waited on my Dad hand and foot ,,and when she got ill with ahlzimers he had to start helping himself do alot of things and (WoW!) did it ever open his eyes to things!

It was eighter learn how to cook for himself or go hungry,etc!,,it took awhile but he learned, and when Mom had to go into the Nursing center he really had to become his own person,,,,,,she passed away in 2005 and he went in the nursing center in september 2007 at the age of 88,,,,,,,so anyway,,blha,,blah,,,,blah!,,i could go on ,,,but i won't ,

I love the farmers markets!,,,we used to have one here but i'm not sure if it's still operating now,,,,,,but there is one in the big town about 15 miles down the hwy from here on saturday mornings,,,,,,,i always think i'm going to go to them but never seem to get around to it,,,My Strawberries are in full bloom and already have berries on them!,,,can't wait!,,,,,,HUgs!,,,,hope you gals are having a great weekend,,,sis
    [This Message was Edited on 06/09/2009]
  19. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

Rehearsal and wedding went off good. Ex gave my daughter a call morning of wedding and got her to crying for 2 hrs! He didn't want to sit on her side of the family in the church. I didn't care which side he sat on. But she did. So i told my nephew(who was a usher) sit him there anyway.he wasn't happy but ya know what it wasn't his special day! Anyway,I am soooo tired,brought Ily and madalynn home with us over nite. They were really good. I will write more later,gotta get some more rest. Hope everyone is doing good! Hugs,Robin
  20. sisland

sisland New Member

Robin~~~So happy for you and Jen and dh!,,,I was just thinkin that the Ex's just had to throw a wrench in the mix to get attention!,,,That seems to be the norm for trouble makers!,,Funny that you got to secretly seat him!,,,lololol.,,,oh and congratulations!,,i bet it was a beautiful wedding,,plus you got to bring home the grands!

It's been rainy and windy up this way for a few days now,,but today is beautiful!,,My wild painted daises are open now and beautiful,,it dresses up the garden alittle bit when the flowers finally bloom out!

60's~~Where are you dear?,,,hope all is going ok at the ranch!,,,,,,Hugs to both!,,,sis