Spring forward, Maxine re TIME CHANGE...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Mar 14, 2010.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

As 'Maxine' so aptly puts it:

"Spring forward, Fall back --

My Annual exercise program!"

I'll be out of step for a while tho, Mexico doesn't change til Easter weekend!

2. sisland

sisland New Member

Good ole' Maxine!,,,This time change is harder to get used to than the extra hour of sleep in the fall,,,wish i was in Mexico right now instead of Montana,,,,lolol,,,,,I saw the Photo of your dog and forgot to comment on how pretty (she?) is!,, Hope your doing good!,,,sis
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

He is a 'he', LOL. Well, make that an 'it'... we're responsible pet owners.

I can't complain too much about waiting 3 more weeks for Daylight Savings Time, it stays light here right now anyway til about 7 pm, since we're closer to the equator. Of course, we don't get those wonderful long summer days midsummer, either!

4. victoria

victoria New Member

Can one call those who write lymericks "lymericists'?
    Anyway, Madeleine Kane is great at it:

Save Me From Daylight Savings Time (Limerick)
    By Madeleine Begun Kane

My natural clock is a mess.
    Just thinking of sleep gives me stress.
    Spring forward—fall back
    Makes me more out of whack.
    So I don’t change my clocks — I just guess.

(she has her own website: madkane.com )

5. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

I love that limerick. I haven't work a watch since I went out on disability on Dec. 23rd. I usually don't know what time it is, and I hardly ever know the date! Of course, due to the brain fog - sometimes I don't even remember what month it is!! :)
  6. spacee

spacee Member

Really cute.

I am not doing so bad with the 'change' this time. I wonder if it is harder for me to fall back....meaning that I never really adjust to that time. I stay on Spring all the time. Who knows.

7. victoria

victoria New Member

I think I'm already ahead, by as much as 2 hours... I keep my computer on eastern time so I know what time it is where my kids are, tho I'm now on central... and since MX won't be on daylight time til April 4, it's a 2 hour difference. Weird how just glancing at a number regularly thru a day can change your mindset so quickly.

Otherwise I don't wear a watch either! haven't since I moved here. It's been wonderful! In fact I'm not even sure now where it is, LOL.

One more poem... this time, very lyrical:

Daylight Savings Time
    by Robert L Ferrier

O great thief of sleep
    destroyer of body rhythms
    deceiver of appetite
    despoiler of disposition
    archangel of missed sermons
    honor the mold of our ways
    respect the sleep of cats
    defer to nature’s shadows.