SS and FMS (disability

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mollie55, Feb 12, 2006.

1. mollie55

mollie55 New Member

Does anyone know if Social Security reconizes FMS as a disability. I apllied for a hearing over a year ago, and still have not been scheduled. I also suffer from panic attacks, depression. Can anyone help with this. I have a lot of anxiety just waiting for the hearing. Help!!!
  2. suave

suave New Member

HI I BELIEVE THEY DO RECONIZE FMS. ARE YOU WAITING TO GO BEFORE THE ADMIN LAW JUDGE? IM WAITING TOO. I SUFFER FROM PANIC ATTACKES ANXIETY AND AT TIMES DEPRESSION TOO. HAVE YOU SEEN A SCHRINK YET? I HAVE BECAUSE YOU WILL MOST LIKELY WHEN YOUR CASE IF YOU HAVE SEEN A FEW DOCTORS FOR PHSCICAL AND MENTAL. SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING ( FIBRO FOG)
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

do you have an attorney? get one if you do not...contact your congre4ssman's office to do a congressional inguiry....they an not make a decision only expediate it for you...tell them you have no money and about to be evicted from your home or have your home go to foreclosure...

jodie
  4. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

YES, YES, YES!! They have for quite some time. The problem is the lacking efficiency of the system. They stretch out the amt. of time to respond to claims, i.e. they say they will contact you in 90 days, and will actually wait until the last minute of 89 days. I noticed that they always turn

you down the first time so don't give up. I assume that you have a lawyer, if not, you should get one. It may be the only way to ensure that claims are filed correctly & follow-up exists. Be sure ro get a lawyer that specializes in these type of claims. It took me 3 yrs. from the time I was

diagnosed & filed the claim. The good thing is the pay is retroacitve. Keep good records. Also, my sister wrote a letter stating how much I have changed since I became ill. A phychiatrist will provide meds. for depression & anxiety. I needed to have my drs. write letters stating my diagnosis

and that I am disable indefinitely. I don't know if you are able to work or not but the courts will request these letters. GOOD LUCK...see a rheumatologist & get your pain meds. etc.

PIRT
  5. mollie55

mollie55 New Member

Thasnk you all for your replies. I do have a lawyer who said that he is going to go with the anxiety and depression
    I also want them to reconize that I have FMS which contributes to anxiety and depression. Thank you so much for your support. i AM SO ANXIOUS ABOUT A HEARING THAT i HAVE WTO WAIT FOR SO LONG. i HOPE THAT I DON'T FUMBLE AND GET BRAIN FOG, OR GET FORGETFUL. pRAY FOR ME!

C
  6. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

in Arkansas, they approved me for SSI for several things. They approved me for "pain and fatigue" (that is how they worded it) and "depression."

By the way, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 1989. Back then my dr called it "Fibromyositis" and the Neurologist I saw called it "Fibromyalgia" which is what they still call it today.
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

case is my opion, but if the anxiety and depression gets you your money then to don't complain...i don't mean that in a negative way...that is how alot of us get approved to begin with...but this should be all brought and be in your medical file...and you can have yur doctor wirte a letter to yur attorney for your file to go to the ssa judge...

jodie