ss "bluebook" of impairments???????????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elizabethia, Aug 5, 2003.

1. elizabethia

elizabethia New Member

i went to this site and couldn'tfind my way around very well.... is "fibro" listed????? and where???? also chrons diesease and depression?????? (((((((((fuzzy hugs)))))))))) elizabeth
  2. Seagull

Seagull New Member

the sections detailing lupus and rheumatoid arthritis are often used to compare the symptoms and limitations of fibro as being as disabling as, or equal to, or greater than these diseases.

I seem to remember Madwolf and MemoryLane having posts that offered some further insight into this. You might do a search on Disability and Blue Book Listings to see what other info that brings up.

seagull
  3. elizabethia

elizabethia New Member

maybe they'll read this and repost the information again ((((((((((fuzzy hugs))))))))))) elizabeth
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Fibro falls under Listing 1.02 in SS's Listings. Even though this listing deals more this joint-type arthritic problems, it's the closest thing they have to fibro.

My atty. had my docs sign that I was disabled according to Listing 1.02.

Love, Mikie
  5. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

To get to the "blue book". Go to SSA's web site.

In the middle of the page, the Disability and SSI section has the following link: More disability information

At the next page, in the More Infomration section on the right, take the link: For Health Professionals - Disability Evaluation Book Now Online

The book doesn't list CFS, and I have no idea what they compare it to.