SS Disability and Evaluation Policy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cmbajb, Apr 23, 2006.

1. cmbajb

cmbajb New Member

Is anyone familiar with SSR 99-2p, the SS policy interpretation on evaluating cases involving CFS? On page 5, under "Documentation," item #2 seems to say that when SS reviews a case, if they cannot approve disability benefits with the information submitted, they are required to re-contact the person's medical providers for more info...and if the medical providers can't provide more info, a consultative exam must be scheduled. Am I reading this right? Thanks.
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

this back onto page 1 for ya~

I don't know the answer~
    sorry
    Hopefully someone will??
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

But I had a review and ss sent me to see a doctor. It was a different doc than they sent me to when I filing for disability but same type of appt as 1st one. AMY
  4. kmcerio

kmcerio New Member

Bumping this as this is important to me as it is happening to me now. I got fully approved for SSD a yr.ago this past Dec. and the judge in my papers said that they would reevaluate me in a yr. as he thought there would be some inprovement in my condition as the yr. went on. Well as we all know when it comes to miracles as far as our disability goes are few and far inbetween!!!!!! He has no idea of what he was saying ofcourse but who am I (just the one who hurts everyday, all day long, can't get out of bed in am, can't lift my grandkids anymore and on and on you all know the drill) Anyways I had to fill out papers in Dec. Didn't hear anything till the other day and they called and scheduled an appt. with there Dr. Here we go again. If I lose my SSD I will have to sell my home and live god only knows where. I won't be able to live on my retirement alone and I sure can't work with all the meds I take( muscle relaxers that put me out for several hrs. Duragesic pain patches 2 of them, Vicodin 4 times a day, Wellbutrin/antidepressant, coragard for irregular heart palputations) Yes I can definately drive to work andbe alert and responsible. This is a joke. Please keep your fingers crossed for me and I will let you know how I make out. Thanks for letting me vent. Gentle hugs to all of you. Karen from New york State.