SS Disability Award

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by scarletstang, Feb 9, 2009.

1. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

Today I found out that I received SSD; I applied last March and had a very experienced disability lawyer from the beginning. The ironic part is that I worked in a law office for 25 years and knew that would be the only route for me. I guess if I had a suggestion for anyone, it would be to know how SS interprets everything; that is paramount.

Never, never give up hope.
  2. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

It's always good to here something positive here and I am happy for you!

After working in the same office for the past twenty eight years I have decided it is time for me to throw in the towel! I'm going to file in April. Please wish me luck!

3. scarletstang

scarletstang New Member

Well, for starters I had a club foot. My ankle is fused together and I had to have a total realignment of my leg. I had a double disk fusion in my neck and I have pinched nerves from that and I have carpel tunnel and I can barely use my right arm and hand. I have arthritis and degenerative disk disease, high blood pressure and depression, insominia, fibromyalgia and chronic pain. I probably forgot a few things, but that's most of them.

Rockismom, I fought so hard to keep working for the last 10 years. One of my surgeons reduced my work schedule to 4 days a week to enable me to have 3 days of rest. You and I both know you do 5 days work in 4. I could no longer lift files and boxes for court preparation, climb and bend, etc., working in pain with no sleep, could not concentrate and get up and down constantly. It was a tough decision as I loved my job, and for the first time in my life loved my bosses and that also became part of my pitfall. I was raised in the "true grit" manner where you just deal with it and go on. I hope you have the courage to do what you need to do for yourself. I bet you can!!!!