SS DISABILITY QUESTION PLEASE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DVoit, Feb 12, 2006.

1. DVoit

DVoit New Member

I applied for it and was turned down. I appealed it. I got a call wanting me to go to one of their doctors.

What does this mean and are the doctors they send me to fair? Please let me know. Thank you.

Donna
  2. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

I was lucky and got ss on my first try. Although... I believe they gave it to me for deppression rather than my fibro. But I guess at least I got it. They sent me to one of their docs a psychiatrist. He was actually a really nice guy. He told me I was definately deppressed that there are alot of crazy people in the world and he thought I met them all( had a very bad childhood)I don't think he only saw people applying for disability. I guess just try to be as honest as you can with the docs. Hope this helps. good luck with getting disability.
  3. andrea1459

andrea1459 New Member

I also have a good psychiatrist who believes in CFS. I think that is the best way to go to get disability.
  4. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

I was sent to the SS dr and also a SS pyschiatrist on seperate visits. My advocate working with me told me that it would not be like any physical I had been to. She was right. The med. dr. had me do things like touch your toes, walk on tiptoes, walk on your heels, reach up and down. Really silly stuff. He felt of my stomach, still havent figured that one out. Anyway, everyone told me he doesnt like patients and not to be disappointed but he liked me and told me if for somereason I was turned down, to reapply right away. I have Fibro. and depression. Then I was sent to the SS psy. I liked her too. It was all talking which I love to do. She started with about 6 items I was told to remember throughout the session and every now and then she would ask me to repeat them. We talked about haveing fibro and depression and how it has affected my life. About an hr session. At the end, she said she was going to turn in a good report but to reapply if I was turned down. Just like the med. dr. said. I was turned down and last wk turned down for the second time. You need someone who does this for a living to help you!! The lawyers working for me were hired by my city gov where I wrkd and now have pension disability. If I get SS then they dont have to pay as much disability from my pension. It works for both of us because I should get more per mth from ss then from the city and I get to keep my med insurance . Wish me luck. It goes before a judge next. He reads a brief from us and looks at all of the dr. reports.(My medical dr and my rhuemotoligist) and the ss drs I saw. If he doesnt sign it in for me, we have to go before the judge at a kindof hearing to speak and tell my side.

Suzette
  5. Carol66

Carol66 New Member

I really hope everything goes well for you :) I applied on 2/14/06 for SSD and I was called this AM from SS office asking me questions about my meds. I take a lot of stuff and they asked about side effects etc

I am scared and worried but all I can do is leave it in the Lord's hands and get advice from you all! Please keep me posted! I have FIBRO and Depression and list goes on with more minor things :) God Bless!