ss disability woes

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sassyone, Feb 7, 2006.

1. sassyone

sassyone New Member

i have been turned down twice...for ss disability..so finally, today, hired an attorney..i think i will like him..he did say that sometimes it takes over a year to get a disability hearing scheduled.. my gosh...that is ridiculous...if anyone has been thru this, i would love to hear from them.. and thanks to everyone for this message board.. it is the best on the internet!!
  2. suave

suave New Member

HI MY NAMES RENE AND IAM AT THE 3RD STAGE FOR SSD. I SHOULD GET IT THIS TIME. MY ATTORNEY AND I WILL GO IN FRONT OF THE ADMISITRATIVE LAW JUDGE. I HOPE IT IS SOMETIME THIS SUMMER. IN JUNE IT WILL BE 2 YEARS SINCE I FILED. SO IT DOES TAKE AROUND 2 TO 2-1/2YRS. I HAVENT WORKDED SINCE APRIL 24-04. ITS AWFUL HAVING FIBRO. BEST OF LUCK---RENE
  3. brie

brie New Member

I just won ;I guess you can use that term,disability after 2 years. I was denied twice and was waiting for my court date to come up when they sent a letter stating they had reviewed my case and ruled in my favor. I can not tell you what shock this was as I was prepare to go to court . I was not prepare for this....It took me forever to realize it was over and this was real.It understand what you are going thru and the wait is so long money wise and health wise but it will happen and probably not much longer since you have been turned down twice. Good Luck and think positive.
  4. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

Indeed, I was told it takes a year for a hearing> I was turned down once and then retained a lawyer. I am fighting long term disability as well. They think I can work!
    It's a mess. They take your words and use them as
    weapons against you.Keep all your medical records.

Keep a journal eveyday on how you feel and the weather
    as well. I am glad I did that last year.

5. MtnDews

MtnDews New Member

I'm in exactly the same place you are sassy. Just another stress to our already stressed mind and body. All our income goes to doctors and the pharmacy. The system is all for the lawyers, not for the ill people. It's too depressing for words.
    H
  6. sarahann61

sarahann61 New Member

It is hard to go through the waiting, and I had to hire a lawyer.. Then it went through, think they just didn't want me to have all of the backpay.. Maybe, it is they believe you more, when you have a lawyer... Or, they know, you are not going to just, go away....

Good luck, and best wishes..................
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

they can not make the ruling in your favor but the can help expediate the decision...you will have to sign a form in regards to allowing them to retrive personal info on your case...

you let them know about tyour hardship, financially maybe you can tell you will be evicted or house will be going to foreclosure...you can not afford your meds or treatments...

this will help, i did tht it was the truth...they ma want a copy of a eviciton notice or shut offs from utitlities ec..

but they never asked about for me...if you are not getting child support let them know...

i got to go right now

jodie
  8. FM58

FM58 New Member

Sassyone,

Yes indeed it can take up to one year for a date for a hearing before an administrate law judge. I have been out of work since Sept 2003. I retained a lawyer after my first denial. My attorney continued to send medical files after my second denial. I had my hearing 1/17/06.

Now I'm just waiting for the "official word". Then I have heard once I fill out & return the paperwork, it will take 3-6 months to receive the first check. So more waiting is in store.

I hope things will go quickly for you.

Patty
  9. sassyone

sassyone New Member

what great friends you all are, it's comforting to talk to people with which we have so much in common, isn't it? you have all been a great help to me...thank you so much
  10. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi sassy--I just checked AGAIN about my hearing (I am in PA) and found out that right now they are working on appeals from NOVEMBER 2004 (yes, this IS Feb. 2006!) and since my appeal was filed in Jan. 2005, I have a few more months to wait. I don't know if I can get it bumped up for financial distress, as UNUM just terminated me (AGAIN) and now we are living on about 40% of our prior income from when i collected LTD, and about 25% of our income from when i worked. Good luck--hope YOUR state is more on the ball! L