SS DISABILITY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rrsbaby, Oct 13, 2005.

1. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

Does anyone get ss disibility in Va. If so was it very hard to get?

I have applied for it for FM, and osteoarthritis. But it has only been about 8 weeks.

rrsbaby
  2. nancydr

nancydr New Member

Hi rrsbaby, I don't know of anyone personally. Hopefully someone on message boards can help. The other thought I had was the support group in Washington. It's called I think FMAGW. Fibromyalgia Association of Greater Washington, DC. Have you gone back through some of the message boards? Do you have a local support group where you live. I am trying to think of anything else that might help you. Let us know what happens. Don't ever give up.
  3. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Im just guessing here but, I feel like you should be hearing something anytime, if it has already been 2 months and this is your inital claim.

It took me a total of 6 months to be approved. I recieved my first check on the 7th month.

I was denied my inital claim and then approved on my first appeal (Reconsideration)without a lawyer. If I would have been denied my 1st appeal, I then would have gotten a lawyer for the 2nd appeal to go before a ALJ.

Everyones case is a little different and depending on all your records, everything being turned in etc...the time frame can vary a little for each person.

When I was denied my inital claim it took about 2 months to hear I had been denied. I applied in Febuary, denied in April, turned in my appeal on the first of June, was approved in July, recieved my first check in August.

Look at my post titled "For those of us Applying/Fighting for Disability". Alot of good info through out the whole post that helped in winning my case.

Wishing you Good Luck & Dont give up!!
    Hugs
    Bluerose

[ advertisement ]