SSA doctor appt tomorrow

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1fibrowife, Aug 12, 2003.

1. 1fibrowife

1fibrowife New Member

Hi Guys!! Mickey is going to 1st SSA doctor tomorrow. He is a psychologist, I think. Any good advise??
  2. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

Arg, he's got fibro, not CFS. But if he has fatigue, it might be good if he could mention or stress the difference between being interested in doing things but not having the energy, versus not being interested in doing things. Or being interested in doing things but having to weigh the consequences (resulting pain, etc.), and therefore sometimes deciding not to do them.

Don't know if that's any help or not....
  3. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

If the doctor asks if he take care of the bills and balances his check book, he had better say no.That was one big mistake I made. I guess thats what I get for being honest!!! Damned if you do, and damned if you dont.Good luck!
  4. 1fibrowife

1fibrowife New Member

he actually is not able to do anything that involves much tought or concentration. And nothing that requires physical movement. He has FM, depression, degenative disc disease, obstructive sleep apena, chronic pain, dibeties, neuropathy, and more. I help him do everything! The meds have their own list of side effects too. I really feel that God is taking care of us and everything will be as He wills it to be.
  5. elizabethia

elizabethia New Member

first thing you must remember that this is not a doctor for YOU.. this is in fact THEIR doctor....i wish i knew then what i know now about seeing THEIR doctors.... do anything and everything you have to do... even if you think it makes you seem weak and vaulnarable..... i hope this works out for you.... take care....... elizabeth