SSD, Central Illinois experiences??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lilac123, Oct 25, 2005.

1. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Hello Every "Body"
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the State of Illinois and Getting their social security disability???
    I am waiting for a hearing and have a man with the congressman's office trying to help me. But, I just don't know. He said yesterday it could be another 15 months. I don't know how much longer we can get by like this. It is such a burden on my husband who has his own medical problems to carry this load all by himself. Just not fair. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Lil
  2. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I am waiting for my ALJ hearing also. I didn't realize we could get help from our congressman. I don't know how I'll make it either - I don't even have a husband. I don't know how much longer I can hold onto my house.
  3. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi girls, sorry i can't be any help here,as i just posted the same question about PA, and i just sawe a post about same in Oklahoma. You would think that since SSD is a FEDERAL issue, we wouldn't be jacked around state by state, huh? Did you try to get help from a state or federal congressperson? I am thinking of doing that myself, to get the ball rolling, but don't know whether to try state or fed. legislators. well, good luck, and if i get any responses that would help you girls out, will send them on to you.--take care--L
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

call your local congressman you can find them in your phone book.

tell them briefley about our situation, then they will send you a form to fill out one page and easy to complete.

they need your autorization to get into your file. they can help move the case along quicker can not make a decision. so hopefully it will move it along and you could mention about a dire need to get this heard based on late on rent, evictions, forclosures. ect...

they sort get your paperwork moving from sitting stagnet on someone's desk collecting dust. at least you can say you tried to do something else to help move it along.

good luck
  5. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

thanks for the info jodie--that would be the STATE congressperson then? thanks so much!! L
  6. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Hello again every "body",
    After I wrote this morning, i went to the doc. When I got home there was a call from the guy at the Congressman's office I've been talking to. It looks like the ALJ Hearings office had their "senior attorney" look at my file and he is giving it to the judge with his reconmendation. (Wich sounds favorable) but the man couldn't come out and say it. I think it will be approved without a hearing the way he was talking. WHoo! HOo!

I contacted The congressman's office by letter and received alot of help and info from this man and he was very understanding. I would recommend doing this along with writing letters to them or having people who can see how sick you are and the difference in you write letters also.
    The dire need letter from a doctor for example needed treatment that would help you can also make it move along faster. I hope this all works out for me and anyone else who suffers. Also keep praying and having faith. My faith has helped me alot through this. Just knowing I'm where I'm supposed to be (good or bad)and it will be ok somehow.
    Hang in there and prayers for all.
    Lil
  7. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Sorry to hear You were denied at the reconsideration stage. This is evidentlly the "norm". I was too and that is when I contacted the Congressman's office and retained an attorney. Not sure what state your in or how things are politically there. The Congressman's office should be able to help you.

But, DON'T GIVE UP!!!!! Keep writing letters and have people who know you write letters too. I posted the letters I wrote on the board here. If you do a search by username you should be able to see. Also the dire need letter from a doctor, lanlord, etc. is a must almost now. You will have to appeal their decision on the reconssideration. I would see about an attorney if you aren't up to fighting for yourself. However, I really don't need the one I hired as I did all of the work myself and kept writing and calling this guy. I had letters from family members and my rhuemy too and then eventually a dire need for treatment letter.

You will get it eventually they just make us go through all these hoops first for some stupid reason. Hang in there and take care!

Lil