SSD Check came today...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dara, May 28, 2003.

1. Dara

Dara New Member

I wanted to share with you that I finally got my retroactive social security disability check in the mail today. I received my award letter around the first of May, I was told it could take up to four months but I got it in just a little over three weeks. There were so many times when I was ready to just give up, I was tired of going back & forth with SSD and the LTD insurance companies. I have to say, that SSD was the easiest to deal with as opposed to the private insurance companies.

Dara
  2. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

Congratulations. I'm sure it's way too little but isn't it great that you are done with the waiting and wondering?

Love
    Pam
  3. larayne

larayne New Member

I am so happy for you, not that your sick and in pain but that your financial problems will be less and it is so very stressful trying to get SS. Stress certainly doesn't help ones health. Happy for you Larayne
  4. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I got my approval letter Jan. 29,03.I did FINALLY start getting SSI in April.That is only temporary I was told until I start getting SSD,my SSD paperwork was still in Boston but it was lost.ARGH!I am to be getting SSD,which is a higher amount.So here it is almost June and I still have not heard a thing.Everytime I call,someone gives me the run around.So I wrote ANOTHER letter asking what the deal is.
    Sandy
  5. peachy

peachy New Member

I will do the happy dance by way of a smiley for you.

Mine too has been approved and I am getting a back check. I am so happy. It has been a long road. I might even work less hours at my part time job now. :)