SSD Court date April 2 new evidence of illness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Mar 14, 2009.

1. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I recently found out that I have a very high iron in my blood. The doctor thinks it's HEMOCHROMOTOSIS. By the way this illness causes symptoms like FIBRO I applied based on depression, fybromyalgia and osteoarthritis. Those alone should get my ssd. With the new evidence of this genetic disorder and positive RA, Are my chances getting even better ? I need this money badly. Anyone who want to comment. Thanks Ruthie
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Everything that has a detrimental impact on your daily functioning improves your chances of getting ssdi. As long as you can back up your claims with medical proof and explain how it affects you, it can only help to include it.
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Ruthie - If it turns out that you do have hemochromatosis, you will probably find that some of your symptoms will disappear once you have treatments for several months. The arthritis might not go away, however, my understanding is that symptoms like fatigue and depression will usually clear up as your iron levels go back into the "normal" range.