SSD decision ...Tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aquabugs, Nov 8, 2006.

1. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

Hello all

I hope everyone is having as good a day as possible.

I've been through my initial denial, got a lawyer and filed my appeal back in July.

The lawyer has been in constant contact and expected a decision at the end of this month.

Someone recently suggested I contact my congressman. I am a former state employee and worked hard to raise my kids, get two degrees, and had a very physical job before I got sick. My lawyer seemed to be preparing me for another denial, explaining that SSA seems to approve people more quickly if they have never worked or don't have a lot of education.

So I wrote a long letter to one of my state congressmen. I got two letters from him within a week, saying my concerns had been forwarded to the state disability examiner who would decide my case.

Monday of this week, I got a letter from SSA saying I had to go for a mental exam for depression and poor concentration. I called my lawyer Tuesday, she called the examiner, who told her the appointment had been cancelled.

She further told the lawyer the decision on my claim had been made and was picked up by the feds for a "quality control review." My lawyer said they do that randomly to make sure the state is doing their job properly.

I think the turnaround has to do with my letter to the congressman. I feel this probably means they approved my disability, but am trying not to get too excited until my letter arrives.

What do you all think???

Sorry this was so long!

Hugs
    Sylvia
  2. princessloulou

princessloulou New Member

i really hope that your disability is approved is does sound hopeful.
    I have been trying to fill in the forms finding it very hard as i do all i can for myself but what they don`t understand is i do it in pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is a very hidden illness. people see this 30 yr old. but i feel like i am 60 ish!!!
    hope you hear soon
    good luck
    hugs louise
  3. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

Thanks for your reply.

No, I don't think they understand the pain. Can you get someone to help you with the paperwork? It is a lot to get through.

Good luck to you Sweetie and better days to you.

Sylvia
  4. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Sylvia,

I'd say it looks rather good from where I'm sitting.They do have to check their own workers to be sure they're not goofing off.I realize waiting so darn long can be terribly hard but it will soon be over. Maineweezie