SSD Denial that is appalling-how would I expect to win

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mjwarchol, Mar 7, 2006.

1. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

I live in Arizona and have filed for SSD last October. I am using Allsup. Of course I got denied about a month ago and have started the appeal process.

In my local paper is an article about a man who is 40 and has sickle cell anemia. He was diagnosed at 6. For the last two years he has been so bad he can't work and has children and a fiance. They say without a bone marrow transplant he will die within 8 months! The state finally qualified him for insurance but kept denying the transplant. Now they approved it but they say it may be too late.

For 2 years this man is still in the appeal stage of fighting for SSD! If he has less than 8 months to live, what makes me think I can ever win my case. Plus, it makes me feel bad that I am trying, and here is a man with family that is dying, he should be approved.

It made me sad and angry at the same time, that we have to fight like this to get money we paid in to. How sad is our government that it does this to people?

M J
  2. lenaw70

lenaw70 New Member

We were just homeless for 2 months because the SSI process is still giving my husband a hard time.

He havent worked for over a year and became homeless due to his bad back and my fibro. Yet they still insist he can work.

He had one surgery already and another disc is bulging. He is on morphine and effecsor for depression.

I wonder sometimes if maybe I would have had a better chance at SSI, but my poor husband couldnt and still cant work without being in DYER pain. I have just kept trying to work all this time but loose jobs right and left due to missing too much.

Hope you get it soon!
    Lena
  3. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Lena:

You poor thing. I hope you both get yours too. This is a travesty!

M J