SSD Denial

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swifter, Feb 1, 2006.

1. swifter

swifter New Member

Do you need a laugh?

After fighting for 2 years for my disability, I was denied. I have Fibromyalgia, Trigger finger in both Thumbs, a bad right foot with Osteoarthritis, I wear two hearing aides, and my left foot now has a lump on the back of the ankle.

SSD's statement says that I have the following residual functional capacity: a narrow range of light exertion work activity, including occasional climbing of ropes and ladders, as well as scaffolds and occasional crawling. What a bunch of morons. (By the way, I was an accounting clerk)

They also said I seem to have an obsession with my problems, and a borderline personality disorder. This 17 page document
    is so full of mis-interpreted information and wrong information, Whoever put this document together should really be ashamed of themselves. How do they get by with a document so full of garbage?

The Voc.Rehab. person said I could do filing? For those of you who don't know what Trigger finger is: Both of my thumbs were stiff, I couldn't move them, I couldn't pull up my underwear. The doctor told me I had Arthritis in the them and the lower part of the palm. I can't open jars, I drop things, and they hurt all the time. The document says I don't have Arthritis. The denial says that I have minimal hearing loss. I use the captioning on the Television, because I don't understand what they are saying. And it said that I only have one hearing aidm but I wear two. The whole document is full of lies. It said I refused a Sleep Apnea study, but all I said was I didn't have the money, over $250.00 with insurance.

The funniest part was when they said that I had other symptoms NOT Often Seen in Fibromyalgia: Headaches, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Depression and Anxiety!!!!

What a FARCE don't you think? Anyway Thanks for letting me explode. By the way, I am in Oregon.

2. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

My denials (3 from 2 different times I applied) read the same way...

They don't just misinterpret, they outright LIE!!!

Imagine telling me that I don't have Ulcerative Colitis which I say I suffer from...Well, funny after 10 years, another pathologist and the gastroenterologist must be outta their minds, cause they say I STILL have it...SEVERE!

Somehow, someone needs to make these clowns accountable...Don't they work for us???
    We pay in, then we file claims and these morons make determinations like this...Guess what, when they ask me what kind of work I think I can do, I will now reply...

"I would like to be a claims rep for SSDI...It seems I don't need a brain for that job and misstatements are so common that the severe "fibro fog" I actually have would compliment the job description"

Oh boy, I wrote the above and I thought it came out the way I intended but I don't think it did...Anyhoo, I think you get my idea...

Keep with it...I have a lawyer and have been thru my 2nd denial and awaiting a hearing...I hope the judge takes some aspirin before my hearing, he/she is gonna need it cause I will take as long as I need to get my point across and hopefully it will be a pain level 9 day and a "fog from down below"...That'll teach them!!!

Good Luck to you~Alicia
  3. Inishfree

Inishfree New Member

Have you been denied by mail but given the right to have a hearing with a Judge? Do you have an Advoacte representing you? Do you have a letter from a Doctor? How old are you?
    I know these are tough questions but if you haven't had a hearing and just the second denial by mail then you still have a fighting chance!

[This Message was Edited on 02/01/2006]
  4. swifter

swifter New Member

Well Mama Dove, I had a lawyer also. She told me going into the hearing that I would probably lose. because of the judge's reputation. So,why can't the lawyers request a different judge? We shouldn't have to go before a judge that has already made up his mind. Good luck with your hearing.
  5. Lana56

Lana56 New Member

I am so sorry that you are fighting so hard and these people that do not know you can make such decisions,including all the wrong info and determination.I have been there and it tears us apart when we are fighting to get through each day.I can only say keep up the fight-don't let your case be dropped.If you do not have a lawyer it is time to get one.You do not have to worry about payment until your case is won.I can feel your anger and hurt as I had to deal with the same.I finally got SSD,but it was a hard fight.I wish you the best. Lana56
  6. swifter

swifter New Member

I a 54 years old. I have been through the hearing with a judge and was denied. I tried to get an advocate and was ignored. I have filed an appeal, but my lawyer said it would probably be turned down and I would have to appeal to the Feds. I will probably take another year or more. Meanwhile I haven't worked in two years, I was divorced and I am living on spousal support. I haven't had medical insurance for over a year, so no medications for a year. I finally found out about an insurance program in Oregon that helps pay for insurance premiums. But I was turned down by Kaiser. All they put on the denial form was Muscle. Now, I have to wait for another program that helps those who can't get insurance and that should take another month or so. But then I might have to wait 6 months, because of a pre-existing clause. and then I have to pay a $500.00 deductible, on a six-hundred a month income. Oh Well.
  7. swifter

swifter New Member

Camelia,
    I went to Portland. I wasn't told that it was secured room. There was a security officer and a scanner. He went through my purse, which I carry everything in. I had to go downstairs and dispose of a very small box cutter and a very small knife that used to cut of pills and food. And then go back up so he could search me again. If I had known ahead of time, I would have left everything home.
  8. swifter

swifter New Member

Good luck to you and everyone else also.
  9. swifter

swifter New Member

I started this process around July 2003. After being denied twice, I filed for a hearing Feb'2004. The actual hearing was in Aug 2005. I appealed in Aug'2005 and haven't heard anything yet.
  10. Manina

Manina New Member

Sorry for your denial, Im waiting my appeal also. My advocate had me go in to the social security office
    and to copy all of my records they had.
    I filed once before in 1997.
    Upon surprise to me they did not have all of my medical records in my file.
    This is why she had me go in and copy these, she said there would be a discrepancy, and it was big time.
    they just do not take the time to look at your files, she said they always turn almost everyone down the first time.
    Which is not fair to put us thru all of this, we already have enough going on.
    they (ss) sure know how to wast postage and paper huh?
  11. Manina

Manina New Member

Sorry for your denial, Im waiting my appeal also. My advocate had me go in to the social security office
    This is why she had me go in and copy these, she said there would be a discrepancy, and it was big time.
    they just do not take the time to look at your files, she said they always turn almost everyone down the first time.
  12. Manina

Manina New Member

13. Manina

Manina New Member

14. Manina

Manina New Member

15. victoria

victoria New Member

They WILL look into your case for you...and talk to SS!

I know one lady that has been waiting 5 years, finally wrote her reps - they are getting her info often even before her lawyer even does...

Your reps work for you because you elect them! Just tell them all that's gone on and how you are suffering and NEED HELP!

hope this helps
    Victoria
  16. swifter

swifter New Member

Victoria,

Thank you very much for that suggestion. I will do that.