SSD , & depression

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by silky17, Sep 13, 2005.

1. silky17

silky17 New Member

Has anyone received disability for depression that wasn't started because of Fibro?

I believe a doc told me that I have probably had most of my life. They call it recurring depression. Now I am not sure what to think.

I called to SS and asked if a decision was made yet? The man told me that it looked as if they had been waiting on something and they denied it. He asked me if I was aware that I had been denied? I said no. He then told me that it was back in the loop. Any suggestions to why that is?

Take one foot forward and two steps back. When will this ever get easier?

Silky
  2. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

I got my ssd because of depression, but I am bi-polar, so that might make a difference. Hang in there, maybe they are reconsidering because of missed information, you just never know. Do you have an attorney? You might considerate it if you get denied, keep on trying, all the way to a judge if you have to.
    Sue
  3. silky17

silky17 New Member

I don't have a lawyer, I have not received a formal denial yet. But, I will get Mr. Scott Davis if I need to.

I do have a lawyer for my Cigna claim. Part of it was I am sick of insurance companies taking our hard earned maoney and saying "NO" to a claim. They are getting the interest from us. Maybe I could have gotten a bit better if I had no stress and someone in my court as I went through this illness. I found out within the last 8 months that I have major depressive disorder or recurring . It was one of the two.

I am praying that they do approve me. Keep me in your prayers if you believe. :)

Silky
  4. ansel

ansel New Member

Hi silky17, sorry to hear they are giving you the run around. It's enough to make anyone more depressed. I got my SSD because of depression but I was really bad. Had alot of documentation, been depressed for years and then finally had a breakdown because of trying to work and being sick with fibro, although the fibro was not listed on my SSD. When SS found out I was sucidal I had no problems because they have been sued before for failing to support depression patients. Hang in there. If your doctor says you're bad enough, you should get SSD.
    Ansel
  5. rosed2

rosed2 New Member

where did you find an attorney to take on a private insurance company? I am dealing with Aetna and can't find a lawyer to help me

Rosed2
  6. silky17

silky17 New Member

Rosed2,

They are Kantor and Kantor, based in Calif. So far I like them alot. You can put that name in a search engine and it will come up.

Good luck,
    Silky