SSD Doctor visit Tue...any suggestions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Oct 20, 2002.

1. achy

achy New Member

I listed asthma as one of my illnesses so I have to have a breathing test done. Any suggestions? Anybody had one done? My pulmonary doc sis one last sept..but SS wouldn't accept it.
    Thanks
    Achy
  2. achy

achy New Member

I listed asthma as one of my illnesses so I have to have a breathing test done. Any suggestions? Anybody had one done? My pulmonary doc sis one last sept..but SS wouldn't accept it.
    Thanks
    Achy
  3. blast

blast New Member

My hubby had to go through this for his SSD and he had all of the test results and all doctor records with him, at all appropriate times, and they still wanted to do all of their own. They want to make sure that all illnesses are legit!
    Just go in to the visit very confident, and hold your head up high, thinking to yourself, I deserve this, I am disabled, and I deserve what is rightfully mine! Do not allow them to upset you, be very much in control. This is your body and you know it more than anyone else could possibly know it. No matter what type of Doctor it is.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

One would have to be dead to not pass their lame "physical" exams. Just do whatever they ask and if you can't do it; tell them. The doc will almost certainly tell SS that you can work, so be prepared. It's meaningless.

Be sure your attorney gets statements from all your docs that you are disabled and unable to work.

Love, Mikie
  5. allhart

allhart New Member

be catiouse,they try and discridet everyone the dr you see might not know anything about astham or even how to do the test,im not one for crying and the guy had me in tears
    trying to get me to say things that were not true.he mention my scolois when he examed me but told ss theres no sign of it!good luck just keep calm also read my post about fog and disabilty give it to your lawyer if you have one
    ill pray everything works out
    kara
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

He gave me part of the test to take home and send back when I'm done! Now I'd put money on it that he was supposed to have me complete it in his office. Well, he's going to have to wait because my first priority is completing the last of my SSDI papers.

Then I'll get to the 400+ questions I haven't done on his "test." It's actually a personality inventory which I'm really not sure the purpose of. Meanwhile the state has received the results of the neuro/psych testing my attorney had me get done for SSDI.

Just do the best you can and don't look too grand!

Barbara

7. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

Don't look good!!! Wear sweats or something not to appealing and wear slippers. Anyone experienced with asthma knows that it differs from one patient to another. So when it comes time to do the breathing test, mention that it is under control at the time. Take your prescription inhalers with you as well as all medications you have been given. A list won't work. They'll want to see the actual bottles. I wish I had known all of this before my 2 doc appts for SSI. It seems that if we look too good, we could also go to work. Go figure!!!!
    Good luck
    Sandy
  8. achy

achy New Member

I am already having panic....my breathing test is in 5 hours. Didn't sleep last night, exhausted & feel like crap.
    I suppose that is a good thing, but I hate going anywhere when I feel like this.
    sure could use a xanax..but I think I'll skip it...it could help my case to be panicy??
    Hubby is going with me thank GOd.
    Warm Fuzzies
    Achy
  9. contessa

contessa New Member

Seems innocent enough - can you do the shopping? Do you have someone to help you with your housework? Why do you think you'll have to file disability? Boy, what is your typical day like? Be WARNED, Be PREPARED!!

Well - guess what. If you can do the grocery shopping, you aren't disabled. If you can do any housework, you also aren't disabled. Just because you want to file disability doesn't mean you're telling the truth. The insurance people are really doing a number on me. Unfortunately, I've also gotten my medical records and now realise that the some doctors have already asked those same questions as concern, but they are in my records to prove I'm not disabled. Wonder how many other innocuous questions are hiding out there to keep up from getting disabilty. My disclaimer - I can shop// if I hang on to the shopping cart and walk slow (missing from records); I can do some housework //if it's within my three hour window of energy (missing from records); I feel better today //(but yesterday was the worst day of my life-missing); Patient walks normally (within a 10 foot space - try following me for a 100 feet!!). Then of course, no one asks what have I had to quit doing like drive, walking the dog, gardening, canoeing, camping etc!! How much farther down can I go. And then I went and thanked the guy for caring enough to call me...WHAT A WEINIE I AM!! Think twice before answering any questions - be confident that every question is a trick question. But don't give up. Eventually, I will learn to play the game against them.