ssd filings / hearings?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Nov 14, 2002.

1. sofy

sofy New Member

I'm confused about the various posts. I have filed and am going thru the dr. visits now. I was under the impression they read all the stuff and then let you know. Am I confused. Is there a hearing and then they let you know or is that only for appeals?
  2. sofy

sofy New Member

I'm confused about the various posts. I have filed and am going thru the dr. visits now. I was under the impression they read all the stuff and then let you know. Am I confused. Is there a hearing and then they let you know or is that only for appeals?
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

fill out the papers, your doctors send them their papers, they go over it, send you to their doctors then the ssd people decide yes or no. Then if you get denied, you file an appeal, go through much of the same as the 1st time, more paperwork, maybe doctors etc.. If you get denied the 2nd time you appeal again, only this time you do it in front of a judge (better off with a lawyer) & the judge decides. After that I know you can appeal again but I only got as far as step 3 so I'm not sure what goes on. Hope this helped a little.....Amy