ssd form ? receive rehab back to work?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamb, Aug 27, 2002.

1. pamb

pamb New Member

Hey everyone,

it has been a while for me. I am still filling out the form for ssd. what is a proper answer on the question
    regarding would i like to receive rehab that could help you get back to work Yes or NO? thanks for the help and i hope everyone is having a somewhat painless day.
  2. pamb

pamb New Member

Hey everyone,

it has been a while for me. I am still filling out the form for ssd. what is a proper answer on the question
    regarding would i like to receive rehab that could help you get back to work Yes or NO? thanks for the help and i hope everyone is having a somewhat painless day.
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Just what I would do; and did. I answered "Yes". After being soundly rejected for six years, I finally was bereft of funds and my SSDIB is in Virginia....atty still feels ultimately that will prevail but in the meantime, my husband left, I was without any support for three years and lived off what "nest egg" I had before I had my son, and being the good MORMON, I had food storage and water for a year. When all that was gone and no automobile, I filed for SSI (the welfare rather than the entitlement SSDIB), which I had to swallow some pride that probably needed swallowing anyway.

Long story short, the occupational therapist FOR the SSA ended up fighting for me, saying that there was no therapy she knew of that would qualify me to work and never again at what I had previously done as "gainful" employment.

A good occupational therapist will be on the right side and if your claim is valid, she/he will end up an ally (sp). CactusLil'
  4. SaraD

SaraD New Member

I just had my hearing a few weeks ago... It is true thought that there isn't much out there as many doctors have aggreed with me that will provide long term relief, only temporary short term relief. I have tried chiropractors, occ. therapists, physical therapists, massage therapists. Now they say other than that, manage your pain and you only know what works best for you and maybe try accupuncture, which I haven't... yet??? Good luck! God Bless.
    Sarad
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

I'm still in the process of filling out forms, but that one has gone in. Rehab is not going to make me be able to return to work full-time, only a cure will do that! With CFIDS/FMS/NMH I just don't see that happening.

I might make it one or two days in a row, but by number three I would need to sleep till noon to make it and still would be noticeably out of it. Shoot, my memory is shot on a good day! If they don't like it I guess they'll tell me. I just see no point in pretending that rehab will allow me to work.

If I'm rejected I'll see what my attorney says.

Barbara
  6. Rene

Rene New Member

Hey. I said no and got ssd on the first try (CFS). There was no way that I could handle more the 1 hr of it if that.

If you think maybe it is possible that you're cuttin it close and maybe could work some then I would say yes. But anyway I checked no and got it.
    Rene
  7. nfaith

nfaith New Member

I was dignosed with Fibermyalgia over a year ago. Although the symtoms never did go away I did get better. In May I started getting ready for work and my back went into muscle spasms and I had to take off from work. I have returned to work three time and had to leave each time because of sever muscle spasms. My doctor told me I probably would not be able to hold down a full time job. I am 52 and have been working since I was 16 years old. I am single so there will be no support for the bills. This is like being caught between a hard place and a rock.should I go for SSI, what are my chances for getting it. nfaith
  8. teach6

teach6 New Member

It is for disablity. It pays a little more, depending on how much you have paid into the system. With your long work history it should be better than mine since I took time off for my kids and worked part-time many years. You can get an idea of what you would get from the annual report that SSA mails to you with your earnings record. It also indicates what you qwould get for SSDI.

As for getting it, you won't know unless you try and try again and don't give up. The first key is having a supportive doctor who is willing to take the time and effort needed to assist you.

I also think your age is an advantage since they often consider people over 50 less likely to be able to be trained to do a different type of job.

You can read more about this by going to the home page and scrolling down the right side and clicking on Disability.

Good luck to you!

Barbara