SSD Hearing and MakeUp

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IowanMom, Jul 14, 2008.

1. IowanMom

IowanMom New Member

I was wondering if anyone here DID wear make-up to their SSD hearing and if they really felt it played a role in whether or not they were approved.

If you wore the make-up- Did you wear a just a little, your normal, a lot?

And were you approved?
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Thank you Iowanmom for this thread and thank you rocky76 for the information regarding the hearing. Mine will be coming up soon and I'm already nervous.

I wanted to "bump" this so that we could see more responses from those that have had a hearing and whether you wore make-up or not and etc. per Iowanmom.

Thank you,

3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Rocky thanks for this useful information, I'll keep this information handy hopefully one day I will have my day in court.

4. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

To specifically address the make-up question : I read on the Social Security Disability Coalition site that they recommend you not wear make-up and not get dressed up , but just wear your normal , everyday clothes.

I didn't wear make-up for my hearing ,and I did wear my regular clothes , but I did explain things as if it was one of my worst days , as suggested by many people.

My own opinion ? Just be yourself. Be honest and maybe even practice before you go or write down what you want to say before you go(my usual foggy-headed , can't-remember dates -or -words self was brought out by my lawyer and I think it helped my case ). If you have a lawyer , they usually have a pre-hearing meeting to discuss how it will go . If they don't,call them to schedule one.

I hope this helps !

5. romalaw

romalaw Member

I followed the advice from this forum and did not wear makeup, I also went so far as let the color grow out of my hair so I was gray at the hearing.

I wouldn't take the chance on wearing makeup, the intent is to look as you do on a "normal" sick day at home. To me it's counterintuitive to go to a hearing looking your best when you're trying to prove you're not well enough to work.

By the way, I did win my case.
  6. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi, I wore a good pair of jeans, a striped black/white blouse and flat shoes. As far as makeup I wore everyhing except mascara that day.I really feel like the medical records tell the tell, not particularly how you are dressed. Of course I wouldnt have worn high heels or anything to fancy. (probabely would have fallen in them LOL)My husband told me that day I looked bad "sick" he thought it was all the added stress and he was very worried about me. He said after the hearing was over I looked much better. It is nerve wrecking for sure. Good luck and God bless you!
  7. Ginner

Ginner New Member

keeping to reas