SSD Hearing - How Long?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FM58, Feb 24, 2006.

1. FM58

FM58 New Member

Hello Everyone,

I had my Social Security Disability Hearing before an ALJ almost 6 weeks ago. The judge was actually very kind and told that I would "probably" be hearing a positive outcome.

Now the anxiety is building so much as the time goes by. How long does it take to officially hear from Social Security from the date of your hearing?

Then after I "officially" hear & complete my paperwork, how long will it be, before I receive my first check? I have heard it takes 6 months to get your first check- is that so? I've also heard that in some states, they split the payment of that first check up~if it is over a specific amount (I have no idea how much).

We have a lot going on in our house - major financial issues, so any guesstamations on a timeline would be incredably helpful.

Thanks a bunch!
    Patty
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i had a hearing 7/08/04 i didnt get a check until 1/23/05...then i got themoney they owed me for my son's part of my ssdi 12/01/0-5/

but this last case which i am on current status now...i was approved the first time at the intial phase...applied 2/05 and got that check 12/05...it would have been much sooner but i had the above close status case still pending my son's payment..messy deal..

have yo contacted your local congressman's office..if not do so...they can do a congressional inquiry and move this along quicker...they can not rule in your favor just get the paperwork from sitting around...

and when you do know you have been approved you can go to your local office and say you need some money now to paty yur rent or mortgage whatevre...they can write you up check on the stop up to 999.00...

jodie
  3. shmilycsc

shmilycsc New Member

I HAD MY HEARING ON OCT 15 2005, AND RECEIVED MY LETTER FROM THE JUDGE FULLY FAVORABLE ON DEC 13.I HAVENT GOT ANY OF THE BACK PAY YET, THEY SAID IT WOULD BE 60 TO 90 DAYS.MARCH 13 WILL BE THE 90TH DAY. THE LOCAL SS OFFICE SAID THAT IT TOOK AWHILE TO GO THROUGH THE PAYMENT CENTER.
    I WONT HOLD MY BREATH BECAUSE I HAVE HEARD THAT IT CAN TAKE A LONG TIME TO GET IT.

I PRAY YOU GET A FAVORABLE DECISION,
    TAKE CARE CAROLYN