SSD Medical Exam Info Idoty,Mompain,Iam1Shady Lady

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angelscutoo, Aug 14, 2008.

1. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

I had my SSD Medical exam today with an internist. He was very stern with absolutely no bedside mannor. He weighed me, took vital signs, got a medical history but only wanted answers to his questions when I tried to explain anything he would interupt and ask me something else.

He measured my hand grip, tested how far I can move my arms and legs, and had me lie down on an exam table. He tested blood flow and my pulse in my groin and feet. Since I also have Charcot's Disease he looked at both my feet and tested my neuropathy by asking questions and touching my feet.

He made no comments nordid he tell me anything. So I have no idea what the outcome will be. He did not appear to have many of my medical records. He said they don't always give him much as they want a third party opinion. No x-rays or anything were done today. I would sure like to know how they can form an opinion with so little information.

I tried to tell him what the effects of the fibro was on me but he did not appear to want to hear much of what I had to say.

He had to be able to see I was in pain but I just don't know. I had to take all of my medication to show him so he knows all the pills I must take. Wish me luck. I hope all of your exams are better than mine.
  2. mompain

mompain Guest

It sounds as if your exam doc hardly did anything. How in the world can they possibly make any kind of evaluation from that? I am really anxious about mine. I hope everyone else that has this will let us know how it goes.
  3. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

I do also but not many have seemed to want to make comments on our posts. I would really like to know what others have experienced.