SSD My Denial Letter

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1975jet, Nov 8, 2006.

1. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hi, I got my SSD denial letter today. they did say I have some mental and physical impairments but not severe enough by their standards. I of course did not have health insurance to get more dx'd - so I am going to appeal it - and I already have written a letter to my senator- about health care and falling in the cracks.

In NY state you appeal within 60 days and then wait for the LTJ hearing. I am not going to give up- and I am still trying to get my letters from SOC. Services they deny me Medicaid and Family Health Plus- been trying to get these letters for 2 weeks now- so next I can go to this Hospital and have tests done I need. People, how do you cope with these things? I don't even think I could work 2 hours in a day physical and/or mental..

But I can't give up- I would lay money on it I have PPS/ and or also FMS.... Not gotten any better, just gets worse and the more stress- worse the pain and fatigue...

Just wanted to vent - Janet
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

disabilitysecrets.com

jodie
  3. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I just noted from your Bio. that your share the same B'Day
    as my former wife. And I'm the 16th. We Capricorns have
    to stick together! I'm on the Left Coast but think the
    Federal procedure is the same. I'm not clear as to what
    stage you are at in the "process"? Sounds to me as if ya
    got that standard letter hoping that after it's receipt
    you will just "DROP THE CLAIM". Don't do it Janet! If
    you are ill, you most likely need some help!

It's just a form letter that gets twisted by the bureacrat
    to fit the situation. Don't get discouraged or feel inti-
    medated, OK? How long have you been involved in the
    claim workings?

MRDAD aka JOE
  4. TKE

TKE New Member

I got my denial last week.

I have FMS/MPS.

DDD lower back with herniation & nerve compression. DDD in neck with 3 buldged & 1 herniated disc in neck, with nerve compression & oestoarthritis. I have nerve & muscle deteriation in legs. Muscles jumping in both arms & legs that has affected me in many ways. I can't walk, sit, stand, write, lift or bend without increased pain. I've been dealign with back problems for over 20 years & the last 2 have been the worst causing me to limit eveything. I see a neurosergon next week. Family doc tells me he's sure I'm gonna end up having surgery for both neck & back.

According to SSA I'm "fixable" & can work....NOT! I see a lawyer tomorrow. I'm gonna fight it.

I look at it this way...we worked, we earned this benefit & we are entitled to it!!!

Hang in there Janet & don't let them win!

5. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Thank you everyone- I applied first time end of June- I was taken out of work and on STD- 05/05 - I did not apply for SSD until later than I should have- but things just got worse as time has gone on.. It is even worse since I applied in June- I can't afford the health care and have been trying to get help through charitable hospital. I Will Not Give Up-

Mr. Dad- yeah! Another Capricorn- yes we got to stick together- and all of us on this board has to stick together- these illnesses are real and not in our heads.... I know I did not have enough to back me up- but I will get a lawyer now- and I have already started communication with our Senator in NY... It is so sad when you have to fight so hard for something you paid into for years- but I am not the lone ranger... It is almost like they go eeney, meeney miney mo.....

Hugs to all Janet
  6. shoflytux

shoflytux New Member

hi janet,

I fought to get ssd for almost three years...finally won august of this year..

I was denied at first, I was denied right away...

What I did was found a disability only lawyer that I did not have to pay unless he won my case.

Very good experience...I live in Pennsylvania....my disability lawyer won my case and his payment was 5% of my award check....

Don't give up!!! You will make it...keep fighting ....try to find that disability lawyer that will fight for you and you do not have to pay unless he wins for you!!

Good Luck,

Trish
  7. charlenef

charlenef New Member

im in ny also i called my lawyer about a month ago to see how much longer till my hearing it has been18 months, that is the average in this state i guess. he told me i should be getting a letter soon.i really hope this is the last round for me.good luck charlene
  8. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Now as others have said, go out and get a good disability lawyer. Don't give up the fight!
    Mini
  9. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

i will be seeing an lawyer next week from binder & binder. they take 25% of your back pay for one year, usually not exceeding $5,000. one time only and if you dont win you dont pay. i went to there website and filled out a short form and they called me the next day. they also had 60 most asked questions which is awesome...GOD BLESS FOY
  10. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

thanks, I am calling a lawyer that I have talked to before tomorrow- I can't give up- I could not even do school without falling on my face- I will let a lawyer take care of this- You all understand-the energy level gets very low.... Hugs to all Janet
  11. mrdad

mrdad New Member

After reading your reply to me and your Bio, I'm confi-
    dent that you will be a good candidate to succeed with
    your claim! What you will go through is pretty much nor-
    mal to most who have applied! Are you eligible for any
    State Disability in New York? I collected here in"Kali-
    phonia" through my workmen's comp until my benefits ex-
    pired. (Sorry Gov. Arnold)!!

I hope you get a very quick approval, but be prepared to
    have to stand your ground for awhile, OK? Have you seen:

www.disabilitysecrets.com ??
    also
    Socialsecuritydisability.gov

Best of luck from the "LEFT COAST"
    JOE
  12. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Thank you so much for the kind words, Just think of me as little 'Shirley Temple'saying "I won't give up, I won't" Good luck to you Pam... it is a sad shame when you pay into the system for years(it is your money) and you did not ask to get ill... If we could be working we would!!!!!

I did contact a lawyer today- I meet with them 11/22 - I think I hit the FMS/PPS/CFS wall in the last couple of days- I just don't have the energy and let the lawyers take care of it... My DH- if you read my bio, has been pretty ill(a tooth broke on him) Yesterday I took him to the dentist and they would not touch him(because of liver disease) so they referred him to an oral surgeon, but I had some mind left to think Hmmm I better call the transplant clinic good thing I did, we have to have him put on antibiotics first do special blood work- before they can even extract the tooth... So, I have been going back & forth with transplant clinic to get this accomplished - poor honey and his tooth is hurting bad....

I had a dang gone panic attack last night(it felt like my heart was going to pop out) So I took another Xanax and literally had to lay down- today I had to take a lay down and ended up falling asleep - stinks when stress gets you to that point and when more stress hits, the more the pain gets... sorry so long- just had to get it out. thanks for all you good people, we will 'Survive' Janet
  13. Exfa

Exfa New Member

Hi Janet...........I too used attys. I called a co called Allsup....they also have a website. They were excellent. I was not ever denied SS disability. I was so happy with them. They do all of the work for you. You talk to them several times on the phone. The whole process did take over a year and I was without an income that whole time and I have only myself to count on....no extra money. I am glad you are not going to handle this disability by yourself. I have FM/CFS.