SSD Only getting

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzetal, Oct 6, 2005.

1. suzetal

suzetal New Member

606.00 a month. I feel so bad for those who live alone and only get this much a month.Its awful.

I am so thankfully for my dear hubby.He retired the year before I got sick after 34 yrs of teaching.He has gotten a full time job plus subs just to keep us afloat.

I had a very good job and loved it.Oh well.

Hugs every one.
    Sue

2. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

How unfair! At least your SSD battle is won/done. Your husband sounds like a great guy.

Take care!

Love,

Francie
  3. Norene

Norene New Member

I'm waiting to here from an apeal for me , but has been months now , my husband is retired also and work a part time job for us, i also worked but the fatigue and fibro. to much for me. I hope i also will get some help and your right thats not much but thank God for that theses days.

Blessings to you ,
    Norene
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

We certainly can't get rich off of our SSDI payments, can we!!!

It is really sad that the SSDI payment is so low. If that is all that a person has to life on, it is a life of poverty, that's for sure.

You are fortunate that you have your hubby's pension, and possibly his regular social security; however, like you say, sometimes that not enough, either.

I hate it that you hubby has had to get another full-time job and go back to work as a substitute teacher just for you guys to live. That's just awful.

I had a very good job that I loved, too, but I also had to take early retirement because of my poor health. Then, I applied for and luckily was awarded SSDI.

take care,
    Janet
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

as he was a professional musician all his life.He works at a regular job now.At least we live in Califronia with all it's programs.We won't use those until we have to!