SSD problems being approved

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chula61, May 22, 2008.

1. chula61

chula61 New Member

I applied in 2004 and still haven't been approved. Anyone else out there having as many problems with this as I am? I can't find any doctors willing to help me with this process. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm so depressed and frustrated with everything I'm losing it. I want to give up, the only thing keeping me from this are my children. Please any ideas any you can give me would be great. I have FM, CFS, RLS, 2 bulging discs in neck, arthritis in lower back, high blood pressure, hashimotos, sleep apnea and now breast cancer. I'm desperate for help, financially I'm not making it. Physically and mentally I am barely hanging on. Thanks for listing.
  2. romalaw

romalaw Member

Have you already been denied? Are you waiting for a hearing? Do you have a lawyer?

I'm sure there are many of us who have been through the process who can offer advice, but we first need to know where you are in the process.
  3. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

My suggestion is to put the depression that you mention first on your list of diagnosises when dealing with Social Security.

It's often the most overlooked diagnosis by us , but the the most effective with them. Really emphasize it with them.

After all you've been through, it is certainly the truth.

I am so sorry to hear about your latest diagnosis.

Good Luck,

4. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

It took me 6 yrs. to win my claim.In the middle of it all,I was divorced.So I had no income at all until the child support came through.Noone would help me,no lawyer would accept me(the 1st 3 yrs.).It was rough.Good luck!

BILLCAMO New Member

It took me over 3 1/2 years to get approved and I had a good lawyer for the last 1 1/2 years.

Do a search for the Social Security Disability Coalition.

There's a lot of info & help there. They also have a petition that all of us should sign.

Blessings ,

6. landra

landra New Member

Read the social Security thread at the top of the page - in the shaded box.

then, I agree with romalaw that we need more information before we can make concrete suggestions. But the board has lots of people who have lots of good ideas, so please reply with more information.

BILLCAMO New Member

I guess brain fog not only causes memory problems , but also blindness..... I totally missed this or forgot. lol

Blessings ,

[This Message was Edited on 05/23/2008]
  8. chula61

chula61 New Member

I am waiting for a ALJ hearing. I just recently got a lawyer. This is so frustrating. Thanks to all of you who responded.