SSD Psychologist visit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jmq, Nov 22, 2008.

1. jmq

jmq New Member

WOW....went to the 2nd SS psychologist and she kept me FOUR hours. Yes...four. She did a FULL nueropsychological/IQ test. At first I was upset and then realized it was great. She got me sooo tierd that I know it must have shown up with the testing. I had to keep squirming and stretching. I just wish I could get a copy of the final report. It would be interesting....but very very sad to know how low my IQ comes out. I was very impressed with her least she earned whatever SS pays her. The other psychologist that saw me a year ago hardly spent an hour with me and only asked a few memory questions.

Anyway...just wanted to share what happened in case any other of you are going to be seen by a SS dr.

take care,
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

Wonderful! My testing clinched it for me...

I think every newbie who comes here should be told to immediately get neuropsych testing. The 4 hrs will sure show many problems with memory, cognitive functioning, comprehension, pain levels, and, as you say, IQ levels dropping like a rock.

Even if a newly diagnosed patient does well on the test, subsequent testing can show the difference in functioning.

Best of luck to you...may you be approved least it will make your IQ feel better, LOL!

3. suzbee

suzbee New Member

A full neuropsych test clinched the SSDI decision for me as well. But I had to pay for it out of my own pocket. (My attorney sent me for one.) It said, among other things, that I couldn't pay attention well enough to learn anything new. That's pretty bad. It was hard to see how much cognitive ability I had lost, but it made me feel vindicated that someone was actually able to see what I'd been complaining about.

Best wishes to you, and I hope your test helps you get where you need to be. I don't see why you can't get a copy of that report. You are entitled to see the information in your case file.

4. jmq

jmq New Member

Thank you all for your comments.... I am encouraged after hearing how it helped most of you get the approval. I sure hope so as I am getting so weary from this process. The stress is aweful.