SSD Question about some paper work...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angiecw71, Oct 2, 2006.

1. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Received some paper work today that needs to be filled out by a third party person. It asks them about my disability etc. about 6 pages. Really detailed. Since I have been disabled and don't get out much I really don't have any close friends so therefor they don't know anything about mea and what I can do and can't do.

My question is a family member allowed to do it?? Like my sister. Just curious if anyone knows anything about this.

Thanks
    Angie
  2. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

3. angelstapleton

angelstapleton New Member

I belive so . There chould be a phone # on there just call and ask them . The are help full.
    Angel
  4. Vette

Vette New Member

Hi ! I don't remember ever having forms for another person to fill out...I DO remember some SSDI forms having areas which "could" be filled out by a third party to assist you and then they would need to sign that they had done this. I've had my two turn downs and recentley my Hearing so I think I've see it all. Please re-read the forms, I'm not saying it isn't so but I mis-read often, If that is what it says by all means call your SS office and ask for help.

Peace To You, Vette
  5. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Yes, it is for someone to fill out besides me. They called and told me they were for someone else to fill out other than me. It askes questions about what I do all day. Do I shop?? How long can I shop? How am I limited??? Do I cook?? etc. 8 Pages of questions like that. That I do not fill out and they cannot ask me any questions like what to put on there for the answer.

Thanks
    Angie

P.S I just filed my claim in August, they also called me and told me they where going to schedule me an appt. with an psychiatrist. Although that is not why I am filling a claim. But because my doctor said I have had some depression they want me checked out for that.
  6. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

My husband is the one who knows best about my disability..so between him and I we got them filled out....You could even phone her and write in the details...As long as it is acurate I guess.....L.
  7. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Hum, did your husband say he is the one who filled them out??? Cause it asks for there name number etc.????
    Cause if I can then I could have my husband fill them out. Because he knows better than anyone how this has effected me.

Thanks
    Angie
  8. mrdad

mrdad New Member

That seems familiar to me. Read the instructions care-
    fully as I think it cannot be a family member as they
    may not be objective in their observations! It should
    detail that info. on the sheet or cover letter they sent
    you. Give them a call if necessary.

MRDAD
  9. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Angie:

You should call to check, but I remember filling out forms for my mother 16 years ago, and she got her SSDI on the first try. She has bi-polar disorder, and borderline personality disorder, and while she had managed to work for about 20 years, her medications finally took their toll on her and she was unable to work.

Good luck.

Ingrid
  10. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

I will give them a call in the morning. I really appreciate the advice.

Thanks,
    Angie
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2006]