SSD QUESTIONS ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jaquieb, Feb 9, 2006.

1. jaquieb

jaquieb New Member

I am in my second phase of disability. I have been denied once so far. I appealed and has been a couple months and now I have an appt. with a clinical psychologist. for a mental exam. Has anyone had to go through this?????????
    I have bad cognitive disorders and am tense and nervous and a lot of other fibro symptoms. Just the thought of the exam makes me nervous. help!! jaquie
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

Don't get nervous over it! It's nothing. They have you do dumb little tests just to test your memory, etc.

For example, one test is that they will ask you to count backwards from 100 by 7's. You are supposed to count backwards as far as you can. We had a farm worker who was on SSI and had the same test and he told them he dropped out of school and would be lucky if he could even count to 7 at all!! They told him to forget that test! Another board member just said the other day that she told them that she could not do it and they told her to count backwards by 3's.

Another thing they told me was right at first to remember 3 words and at the end of the interview they would ask me if I remembered all of them. By the end of the interview, I could only remember 2.

They mainly just read your entire SS application and ask you questions from it.

They also asked me if I was able to cook our meals. My answer was no because I can't stand up that long. They asked who did our yard work, who ran our errands, was I able to get out and visit people, etc.

That's it. So, don't get nervous -- they won't ask you one thing that you can't answer!!

Good luck!

Janet
  3. ephemera

ephemera New Member

thanks for this info.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

they may have our repeat a story back to see if you remember any of it...don't try really hard..start crying if you need to...they had me count backwrds from three'...
    had me remember three word\\then asked me to repeat them...don't try hard....

they may ask you what is going on in your lifed...tell everything no matter how embarrasing or horrific it was...if you get verbally abused,physically or otherwise...tell them all...themore you tell them the more they know about yoy...

they are not there to work for you....prevent ssdi payments or ssi...

my father was primed by his psychiatrist he told me to go in there and act crazy and be fouled mouthed...he had a stroke that was one of his reason he was approved...but basically they told them he needed help

anything to get it approved the first time go for it...your limits are boundless...

i was approved the first time around...on this current case..i had a closed case...anyways i had to do the same thing different dr...and differrnt test...

i had to try and remember faces from a flip book...i had to draw diagrams..duplicate them...i didnt try to do any of them...

the less you remember and the more you cry the better off yur chances are and themore you are stressed the better it is for you..so dont worry...

jodie
  5. gabdeb

gabdeb New Member

Be at your worst. i wasnt and belive this had alot to do with me not getting it, no matter how much pain i was in and cant move. Do your worst, forget even if it is a better day for you. they dont care about you or work for you. they base this off of one moment of your life!! Terrible to have to beg for what is yours.
  6. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

let them see all your crazyness. Tell them you have nervous problems. I went to one of these and cried. I did not end up getting disability for the fibro but for deppression but I still got disability and thats what counts!