SSD/SSI questions...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, Dec 3, 2002.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

Today as I am barely able to function... I think the full impact of all of this is striking me. I am worried and scared... how can I possible keep up with my job feeling this way. I don't want to but I am thinking about SS, for those of you who receive it , can you survive? , what do you do for health care coverage ? What did you do in the interim, I know it takes a long time.
    Thanks sue
  2. susabar

susabar New Member

Today as I am barely able to function... I think the full impact of all of this is striking me. I am worried and scared... how can I possible keep up with my job feeling this way. I don't want to but I am thinking about SS, for those of you who receive it , can you survive? , what do you do for health care coverage ? What did you do in the interim, I know it takes a long time.
    Thanks sue
  3. ZosoLight

ZosoLight New Member

Hi_

I went out of STD a year ago, returned to work after 5 months, had a relapse and am now fighting for STD again.

The same private insurance co. is denying me benefits for the exact same condition they approved a year ago!

Make sure you don't have a collapse before you take care of yourself and stop working if your body says so.

I've been there, and it's hard to do. But your body has to come first, otherwise it will rebel and you'll be in worse shape in the long run.

Take care,

Paul
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

about my future when I did not apply for my health insurance at my job; instead, my husband carried me on his insurance at his job. I am so glad, because the doctor took me out of work a couple of weeks ago and I have applied for my STD through my employer. I'm glad I thought of getting that insurance, though, when I got my job. My employer pays for the LTD as an employee benefit, so I suppose I'll use it as well while I'm applying for SS Disability. I dread the whole process, but the MRI showed a problem that is listed as a reason to be accepted for SSDisability, and the doctor took me out of work indefinitely so that I can take the meds the way I need to, rest and be unstressed in order to be able to bear the pain. We'll see, but we HAVE to have some kind of income in addition to my husband's salary or we'll have to sell our beloved little cottage we love so much. I know I cannot work, but I'd force myself and just die with the pain if it came to selling our home; I really would. This is the first home we've ever owned and I can't bear the thought of losing it.
    I am so sorry you're having to deal with this problem.
    Love,
    Kady