SSD while working

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BonBons, Nov 21, 2002.

1. BonBons

BonBons New Member

This may be obvious, but can anyone tell me if I could still qualify for SSD if I tried to work again (4th time, failed at last 3). Because again, it is the ? of how to eat while waiting for a decision. Thanks if you know. BonBons
  2. BonBons

BonBons New Member

This may be obvious, but can anyone tell me if I could still qualify for SSD if I tried to work again (4th time, failed at last 3). Because again, it is the ? of how to eat while waiting for a decision. Thanks if you know. BonBons
  3. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I'm in the state of Georgia. When I spoke to SS, they told me I could still work but only limited hours. I just got laid off (again, but not due to my illness) and at the same time, I got my denial from SS. I'm so frustrated! I really want to continue working and I'm just not sure how to accomplish this without killing myself and my future chance at SS benefits.

I'm not sure whether it varies state to state, so I would contact my local chapter to verify. Good luck. Lisa
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

My attorney told me that if I was making less than $300 a month they would not count it as working, but might not count it if it is up to $780, the maximum allowed this year. If it weren't for LTD, I'd be in the same boat you are.

Check back on the post about meds where you talked about Effexor. I posted a message to you in my reply on that thread.

Barbara
  5. SrayGrrl

SrayGrrl New Member

I was told by my vocational rehab. counselor in California, that I could earn $560 per month without Social Security requiring that you even report it to them.

I think they do give us the freedom to earn some supplemental $$ so we can afford to eat and buy lots of vitamins. Which is nice of them. But they do review cases every three or so years, to see how disabled you are. I believe that being able to work 20 hrs a week is still disabled.

I've been on SSDI since '97 and I think the SSA told me the same thing (the ol memory thing), and it is a federal program, so it doesn't matter what state you live in.