SSD won!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by grandmasheri, Sep 13, 2005.

1. grandmasheri

grandmasheri New Member

Hi all. don't mind being open Rachel. It was the openness on here that kept me going. I filed on 3/1/04. had the usual denile and filed an appeal. I didn't have a lawyer but my social worker/theripst went with me. YES it was based on FM alone! although i do have depression also, due to the FM. I was shocked when I opened the letter. I am from NY but the judge was from PA because NY is so overloaded with cases. This will take some of the stress off. I have been blessed with a boyfreind who takes my FM very seriously. Some times he does to much for me! My kids are just starting to realize that something realy is wrong with me *$#&^!!! My ex still thinks i'm faking. I want to thank everyone again for posting on here. I am not much of a "poster" lol but I think of you all as I read about your troubles. I pray for each of you to find the answers that will make your lives better. God bless, Sheri
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sheri:
    Congratualtions. I got SSD also and it took some help from a lawyer, but I got it without even seeing the Administrative Judge. He approved it before the hearing.
    It really helps, does it not?
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  3. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

So so Happy for you....

It dosent take the pain away but, I know it takes alot of the stress off!!!

CONGRATS & ((((Hugs))))
    Bluerose
  4. lilac123

lilac123 New Member

Chalk up another succes for you and for Fibro Awareness. Now, if people in those high places will all start recognizing this as real and disabiling it won't be so hard of a process for those who are already sick and have to fight.

Good for You and best wishes.
    Jenny
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Congratulations!
  6. rbecca47

rbecca47 New Member

I am so happy for you. i was just recently apporved. i know that it does releave some of the stress. yeah for you becca
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

yes, isn't it a wonderful thing to open the letter of approval? I'm very happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  8. orachel

orachel New Member

That is excellent news, and I'm really overjoyed to know they are deciding cases positively with FM as primary complaint. And yeah, ok, depression also...You show me a person who hurts all the dang time, and can't do a whole lot of the stuff they love, and some people think they're faking, and usually have money probs, and they don't have a lil depression, and I'll show you a truly insane person! I really hope and pray every day that I can go back to work soon, but so far stuff isn't working very well. Crossing my fingers that I've just been in a bad "flare" since I got sick suddenly in June.

Its amazing that your boyfriend is so supportive. My husbands been great, but man, this took us both by surprise, especially as I'm only 30. Plus one idiot doc got him all confused about FM. But I've found the AFSA website with all this amazing medical data (and pretty easy to understand for the most part) about FM...spend 5 mins on there and you can see pretty clearly that its real and here to stay for most of us. But I'll tell you, based on the site info, and all of the amazing work being done right now (most with grants from AFSA), I truly believe they will have definitive causes and amazing therapies that work consistantly and give us our lives BACK within a decade. I'm just trying to keep remembering that! Could be very helpful to your kids if you show them some basic articles on there...Your ex sounds like a yahoo, but haven't we all had one of them in our past?! lol

Thanks so much for your time, and I'm so happy you got a fair decision without having to spend years fighting the system!!!
    Rachel