SSD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rockismom, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

I was dx'd with fibromyalgia in 1999. I have been to only a few doctors since my dx. My GP helped me as much as he could along the way until one day we just hit a brick wall. I decided to change doctors and have only visited her one time in the past year but in the meatime I found a wonderful Rhumey who has supported me in every way. He wants me to have a sleep study done, he prescribes all of my medications including Blood pressure, pain, anxiety, acid reflux and has even tried to help me with some anti depressant medications which I can not take due to the side effects. My question is this:

I am planning to file for disability in the near future and I am wondering if seeing only one doctor will be a negitive view on the part of the decision making? I am 53 years old and have worked at the same job for more than 25 years but have had to go from full to part time. I just don't think I can go on doing this much longer. I have no home life, my house seems to be falling down around me and I have lost most of my friends due to this dd. I just want to "invest" what little time and energy I have on trying to get my life back.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you,
    Rockismom
    [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2009]
  2. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

Thank you for your input!

I have had some college but no degree.

I am planning on possibly turning in my resignation in April. My husband just began a new posititon and his insurance doesn't "kick in" until 4-1. I just hope I can stick it out until then.

I last saw my rhumey in December and will return in March. I see him every three months as it is now. I do think he will be on board with me when it comes to filing. My hubby and I mentioned it to him during my last visit and he advised that he didn't think it would be easy but was open to giving me names of "good attonrneys" in his area.

I know there is a lot that I need to do to get my ducks in a row. Just having to concentrate on everything involved makes me want to take a xanax and go to bed!

Thanks again!

If anyone else has anything to add I should would appreciate more advise and suggestions on this.

Gentle hugs and blessings!
    Rockismom

[This Message was Edited on 02/08/2009]
  3. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

If anyone else has anything to add I should would appreciate more advise and suggestions on this.

Gentle hugs and blessings!
    Rockismom

[This Message was Edited on 02/08/2009]
  4. gmom605

gmom605 New Member

yes your age and the yrs in the same work and yes the rhemy will help

thats all i had when i went for ssd same age and had 25 yrs in same job until i couldn`t

anymore my rhumy dx me with fibro/cfs ,depression in oct 2004 stop working in jan 2005

apply ssd feb2005

aug 2005 won , it wasn`t the rhum that help it was the ss dr`s that determine that

yes ss will ask for the your dr`s records ,but i say my dr told me that he didn`t

sign ,or recieved any papers from the ss,so thats what i mean that it was the ss dr`s

i believe you have a good chance write everthing down what you feeling and make

copies of everything

good luck ,,, gmom,,