SSD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darlamk, Nov 26, 2002.

1. darlamk

darlamk New Member

I've had some wonderful news and I am posting it here to give others hope in their quest for disability with social security benfits. I found out from my attorney that I have been approved. It's been 1 1/2 years since I applied and many prayers and tears. My hearing was on 9/11/02. (what a day to have it huh?) I still can't believe it and I am a little numb! I feel really validated regarding my dx and pain and yet I feel sad that my life has come to this. At least we can catch up on some bills & not be quite so stressed about them! I thank God for softening that judges heart! One thing I have learned is to give it all to Him... Good luck to all and remember- Never Give Up!

Darla
  2. darlamk

darlamk New Member

I've had some wonderful news and I am posting it here to give others hope in their quest for disability with social security benfits. I found out from my attorney that I have been approved. It's been 1 1/2 years since I applied and many prayers and tears. My hearing was on 9/11/02. (what a day to have it huh?) I still can't believe it and I am a little numb! I feel really validated regarding my dx and pain and yet I feel sad that my life has come to this. At least we can catch up on some bills & not be quite so stressed about them! I thank God for softening that judges heart! One thing I have learned is to give it all to Him... Good luck to all and remember- Never Give Up!

Darla
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

congats
    thanks for giving me some hope

kara
  4. tamara123

tamara123 New Member

Here is to hoping this process will get easier....I am still waiting for my first denial.....Tamara
  5. teach6

teach6 New Member

I've got all my paperwork in, finally and am waiting to hear. They told me it could be up to 90 days after it was all turned in. I sent it in over a month ago, so maybe I'll hear something in January.

Barbara
  6. dan0248

dan0248 New Member

At least there is light at the end of the tunnel, it has only taken a battery of doctors ten years to finally see that I have Fibromylia. For so long I just figured that I was showing my age 52, working to hard pushing my self. I can take the pain in my back, in my shoulder, and in my legs but not in my hands I need them for too much. To type this takes a lot out of me and takes so much time; I need my hands for what ever I do. I also need my concentration back; I find my self-losing track of so much. It might be some of the drugs that I now take but it was there before I started to take them. I have a new Grand Daughter on the way and I want to be there and hold her, and worry that I’ll drop her if she wiggles the right way. Good luck to you all, again there is light at the end of that tunnel. May God go with you in your travels and endeavors?
    [This Message was Edited on 11/30/2002]
  7. battyforbeanies

battyforbeanies New Member

I just wanted to let you know that I share in your happiness. I got my approval letter three weeks ago so I know how the relief you are feeling feels. It doesn't take away the pain , but it does lift a weight off of your shoulders just knowing that the judge believes you!
    For all that are fighting for you disability Hang in there. I know it is hard but like one of you said there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Congrats again,
    Vickie C.