SSD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dara, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Dara

Dara New Member

I want to share this with all of you. I called the Social Security Office, the Hearings Division. I asked them if they could give me a time frame of when I would be having my hearing in front of the ALJ. She looked up under my SS number and told me that someone is reviewing my appeal right now, and will be making a decision to determine if I even have to appear before the ALJ. She told me that this is "very much in my favor, and things really look good for me". I honestly started to cry, but now it's like I'm actually afraid to say anything out loud for fear of jinxing myself. So, I have chosen to share this with all of you and will be keeping it to myself as far as friends and family go. I'm trying to think really positive thought here, it's been a long time of frustration and disappointments, which I know all of you understand.

Dara
  2. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

Good for you! I will be sure to keep everything crossed for you :) I got two letters today from SS. They want me to go see a psychiatrist and a physician. I am nervous already, I imagine I will be a wreck by the time I have to go.

Best of luck!
    Sandy (FF)
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

and don't be nervous about the SS Psychiatrist. I also had to go through that. I really had somewhat of an "attitude" when I went to see him though. He would not have been a person I would have chosen for myself, so I basically told him live was wonderful and I had a great childhood. Pretty stupid of me, but at the time I really didn't care. I think that SS should at least give us the option of choosing between a male or female to go talk to. Keep me posted on your SS struggles, and I wish you good luck.

Dara
  4. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

Hi Dara,
    Wow, I'm so happy and hopeful for you. This is after just one denial, right? I know it helps to be near retirement age and with lots of years of work under your belts...it gives me hope that I have a chance. I understand why you wouldn't want to tell everyone just in case it doesn't come through but I'm saying a prayer for you that it does.

God Bless you and all the others who have fought for so long to get what they have a right to...their own money!!
    Shaky
  5. Dara

Dara New Member

thanks for your support and your good wishes. I have had two denials already. You have the initial denial, then the reconsideration denial, then you go in front of an ALJ. I have worked since I was 17 and am now almost 57, so yes I think all of this should be in my favor. But, you never know. I'll let you know as soon as I find out something final.

Dara