SSD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kim840, Sep 15, 2003.

1. kim840

kim840 New Member

Hi All,

I've been on SSD for 3 years now. I thought they reviewed you every 3 years but I've recently read that some are only reviewed every 5 years. I'd like to hear your experiences.

Thanks and God Bess You

{{{{{{{{{Marcia}}}}}}}}
  2. RatLuver

RatLuver New Member

Hi Marcia,

S.S.D. reviews me about every three years, give or take a few months. I always get nervous when I know this is coming up. But since I've developed more health problems since I first got SSD in 1993, my doctor said "don't worry, you've got more than enough problems to keep your benefits going." When I fill out the "daily activities" questionaires, I make copies for myself before mailing them in, to use for the next review, so my answers will be consistent. The less you say that you are able to do on these questionaires, the better. Don't dress too nice or wear makeup during the doctor visits, it will make you look healthier than you really are. Think of how you feel on your worst days and tell them that's how you feel most days. SSD is not our friend, they will find any excuse to cut us off. While fighting for my claim for two-and-a-half years, I lost my apartment, all my furniture, slept in my car, slept on people's living room floors etc. just to survive. None of my twenty cousins would help me. Now that I have my SSD, Medicare, Medi-Cal, and HUD section 8, things are so much better for me. I'm still lonely with no family or boyfriend, but I go to my church, movies and other events whenever possible to get out of the house.

Best of luck when your review does come up.

RatLuver
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

disability benefits. In the booklet it tells the frequency of reviews. It says "If medical improvement is "expected", your case normally will be reviewed within six to 18 months. If medical improvement is "possible", your case normally will be reviewed no sooner than three years. If medical treatment is "not expected", your case normally will be reviewed no sooner than seven years."

I also have another booklet from them on the same subject but the wording is a bit different. I posted this yesterday, 9/14, as a reply to a question regarding SSD.

Dara