SSDI and other Benefits

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BlueSky555, Mar 5, 2009.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I worked for the state for awhile, however, drew my retirement out when I left. I think about 10 to 12 years of working.

My question is, since I drew my retirement out at the time I left, would I possibly be entitled to ANY state benefits due to being on SSDI now or not? I'm sure it probably depends on which state I'm in, but I was curious to know if anyone else has done this? At the time I left, I had no idea I would be filing for SSDI; silly me!

Thank you for any responses,

2. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

They had alot of information on places you could get help. I don't know what however, would be available in your state. You also can go to the DSH site in your state (department of social health) and check their web site for infomation. Medicade depending on your state, phone discounts, energy discounts may be some that would available.
  3. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

I worked for the Fed'l Government and went out on disability retirement. With the Feds- you have one year to file for disability retirement. If you left within the past year, you may be able to file, but I'm not sure of the timeline for the State. If I were you, I would contact your Human Resource or go online and query disability retirement for your state. I don't always trust the Human Resources information truthfully.

Good Luck. I'm sorry that you were not advised before you left because you probably could have gotten disability- not sure of your situation.

4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hootie and bobbycat; thank you both for that information. I'll check out the websites and maybe; just maybe I can get something.

I'm just thinking that since I drew out my retirement, I'm doomed.

Thank you both,