SSDI and SSD, finally

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cin, May 3, 2003.

1. Cin

Cin New Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that I was finally approved for SSDI and SSI. I received the letter yesterday. They don't yet know what the retroactive amount will be, but I am just so excited to know that the money is finally coming. During the time I was waiting, my car was reposessed and my daughter and I have had to depend totally on my parents. For a 30 year old, who was previously super-independent, that was a pretty tough pill to swallow (not to mention the numerous other pills...LOL).

Yesterday was a particularly bad day for me in terms of the DD, so the news couldn't have come at a better time.

You all have been so helpful to me. Even though I don't post often, I do read the posts and learn a great deal of helpful information, such as treatments and meds. Because of this, I wanted to share my good news with you.

Also, AnnG, if you happen to read this, your post about CFS/Fibro awareness day made my day today.

Thanks again and big hugs to all,
    Cindi
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for you. Congrats!!!

Love, Mikie
  3. dghoover

dghoover New Member

Sorry you are feel bad, but I know getting approved for your SSI & SSDI helps you feel some better if only stress wise. I know it's stressful having to depend on others. Congratulation again!!!

DGH
  4. OuchyMama

OuchyMama New Member

That is great!!! My best to you and your family.
  5. Cin

Cin New Member

Thanks to all of you for your kindness and concern and for sharing my joy with me.
    ~~Cindi~~