SSDI and SSI hearing-----Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by antkneemom, Jul 17, 2003.

1. antkneemom

antkneemom New Member

Hi to all
    I am new here and I wished I had found this site 2 years ago-but.... My question is that I am in the process of trying to get SSDI and SSI and my hearing has been scheduled fo July 30.---I am really nervous and scared---
    Has anyone out there had any experience withy this and if so any and all posts would be appreciated. My diagnosis are Fibro and CHurg Strauss Syndrome along with Obstructive Sleep Apnea and most currently a fracture to my R) foot ( Jones Fracture) and in wolking boot at least 3 months or until heals-if it don't heal then surgery with poss bone graft--I'm on a boat load of medicine and yes I am still trying to work--the medical bills are going to kill us and we have already filed for bankruptcy 2 years ago---To tell you the truth I do not want to be disabled but even keeping the part time job going is a struggle for me----I'm unsure if I can get a lawyer to listen to me tho'
    Well enuf of me carrying on----thanks for listening and I await your posts

Robin
  2. jstbrznby

jstbrznby New Member

I am so happy you are doing this for YOU! I had a long road with a Work Comp nightmare and then,somehow, this wonderful disease found me. Make a long story short I had been on my own and it wasn't until I was in deep depression and desperation I found support. Ivillage has a great board on it that deals with SSDI and SSI. They are a huge avenue of support and help in this matter. If you need anymore information please feel free to e-mail me and I will try to point you in the right direction. Good Luck, sounds like you are on the right track. Warm Huggs, Pam2
  3. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

First of all, don't rest up for it. Don't dress nice or use make up.

Maybe you could tell the judge that you don't want to be disabled. Definitely tell him how hard it is for you to keep on working.

If you have problems answering a question, tell him so. (He asked my sobriety date and I could clearly picture 12/10/94 but couldn't *say* it. So my brain frantically tried to find an alternative and found I could say "December".... This probably wasn't obvious to an observer except for a slight pause. Anyway, I *didn't* tell him what had just happened and I regret that. I think he also asked about exercise and I said I'd started yoga a couple months before. I left out that I hadn't been able to do it for a week; another regret....)

My hearing was 2 years ago and I was denied. Maybe in part because I made sure I was rested, etc.