SSDI:Another Work Activity Report!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Leenerbups, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. Leenerbups

    Leenerbups New Member

    Hi everyone,

    Not even a year ago, I received inthe mail a work activity report. I have panic disorder so this really made me a wreck for a while. I went into my local SS branch and spoke with them and thought it was all over and done with. They said they had no info that I was self employed.

    Today I got another one. And they crossed out that I had 10 days to return it and penciled in that I had 5 days. They mailed it out on the 31st, so that doesn't leave me any time at all.

    They want me to list all income, work activity, etc etc from my part time, self employment from 2002 to present. Which I had already done the last time.

    SO why am I getting this so soon, and why the same questions and why only 5 days? I'm freaking out
    in such a panic attack I hoped maybe I could get some support here.

    It will take me days to fill this out. I don't know what to do. Please help, I am having such a panic attack.

    I'm so scared of losing my Medicare and even more scared that I have done something wrong.

  2. lolee

    lolee New Member

    have not a clue!!

    bumping for you!

    hang in there!!!

  3. Leenerbups

    Leenerbups New Member

    Thanks lolee!
  4. Leenerbups

    Leenerbups New Member

    I went in yesterday, and I was also having a really bad day physically,
    so it really ticked me off.I was anxious .

    I showed her that I was just in on May 17th with the same form , why
    was I getting it so soon, and I asked "why 15 days was crossed off and
    5 days penciled in? What is that about, because it took two days
    intransit, how was i supposed to get it in , in time?"

    The woman was like"I don't know, let me ask my superviser, she's the
    one who sent this to you"

    She was gone for a while and when she came back her answers were that
    her supervisor sent them to a lot of people in my area and that she put
    5 days down so that I would not think I have 15 days and just sit on

    I call bullcrap on that answer. 5 days would not have allowed me to get
    it back in time, let alone "sit on it".

    Good thing I went in.

    But I asked if I was being singled out or if I did anything wrong, and
    she said no. I again asked why so soon, and she said "the longer I'm on
    disability the more frequent I will get these. They want to make sure
    we are not overpaying you."

    I have to wonder what would have happened if I was out of
    town or something, and that came while I was away.
    I also have to wonder if they are going to try to boot me because I
    managed to work a small amount this past year.

    You know, they are playing with people's lives here in a big way,
    cutting my medicare and disability off could send me into the streets,
    and make me more sick than I am now.

[ advertisement ]