SSDI appeal help? Attorney advice?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by redhummingbird, Aug 5, 2008.

1. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

I was denied SSDI. I found out last week.

I've been a bit paralyzed at the task of finding an attorney to help with the appeal.

I've left a message with Nancy McCombs who was recommended by someone but I'm a bit nervous that I haven't heard back from them yet. I only have 50 days left to appeal.

I've been reading about Allsup on a couple boards and they have received mixed reviews.

I'm still considering them.

Does anyone else have any recommendations? I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA.

2. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

Thanks caledonia. I filed my initial application and was denied.

I downloaded the form to file for reconsideration. I wasn't sure whether to go ahead and file it or wait until I consult with an attorney.

I've been reading at various websites but find with my brain fog that I can't retain anything.
  3. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I was about to file with Allsup today after going over my chart with my doctor but he wants me to use an attorney that he knows that does nothing but disability. Don't want to tick of the guy who is going to make this happen so I guess I will give him a call. If he won't take my case until after the denial I will go with Allsup though.

Allsup would be my choice over an attorney-----I think.

4. hensue

hensue New Member

Go to my doc. tuesay 8-19 i have know idea what he will say.
    I have not been going to the doc. They have called in my meds and i go to a pain clinic. I quit work in sept 07. I called allsup in Ga so we are going to go from here and i will let everyone know.
    I get it answer everything on your worse days.
    That would be easy because you cant move.
    Please let me know any more about allsup ok.