SSDI Approved

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by serenity119, Jul 11, 2008.

1. serenity119

serenity119 New Member

PRAISEALLUJIAH!!!! I just found out I was approved by checking my bank account for something else. I applied in August 07 and have received approval on the first go round. Thank God. I must admit, I had quite a few things going on with my health: Lupus, Rhematoid Arthritis, Sjogren's Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Hypertension and Diverticulitis. I don't see how they could have denied me, but stranger things have happened. I say to you all, don't give up. All things are possible through him that believes. I thank you all because your testimonies and advice on this site have been words of encouragement to me.
  2. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

That is great news and very encouraging for someone like me who has not applied yet but need too.

Go celebrate!!!
  3. serenity119

serenity119 New Member

Oh Kittejo, don't give up and please, go apply. I went in the hospital in August 10-21 of 07 and applied August 30. You have paid into that and if your body is not up to par, you are deserving of SSDI. I retained a lawyer off the bat even though I believe with my many reports and Rheumy and Primary Doctors behind me I would have still gotten it. However, an ounce of prevention is what I live by. So, don't wait because it can be an extremely daunting, tedious task; but, well worth it.
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

That must be such a relief for you, and best of all to get it on the first go round --

5. k5334

k5334 New Member

That is wonderful and such a relief to you I'm sure. I hope it will help some of the stress. You have enough health things to worry about!
  6. serenity119

serenity119 New Member

Yes, it helps immensely. I'm sure the stress of not knowing contributed to my pain. The paperwork was soooooo aggravating but I knew I had to go forward. There was such good advice given on this site and it behooves everyone who visits this site and seeking SSDI to listen to those who've been there and won. Thanks all for the well wishes. Now I can concentrate on getting better.
  7. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

That is wonderful news, what a relief for you. I applied in March 2007 and I am still waiting. But everytime I hear of another approval it gives me hope! I have faith it will happen for me as well:)

Yeah for you!!
  8. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

SO happy for you..I guess you didn't need an attorney. This is awesome. Ruthie
  9. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Well done serenity. It is hard to plough through the paperwork but you hung in there and did it.

Now you can focus on your health.

Praise God!
  10. serenity119

serenity119 New Member

Actually, I started off with an attorney. However, I'm not sure if it was my extensive reports and multiple medical issues that did it or the handi work of my attorney. Either way, I'm just glad it's over.
  11. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Great news we are celebrating with you!!! so glad its behind you now take care of your self. Treat yourself to someting fun and relaxing. Its finally over yeah!

DRAGONSGIRL New Member

13. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

We are certainly on a roll on the board, sure hope it carries over to me, had my hearing on June 6th, still waiting for my decision.

14. jmq

jmq New Member

Every win is so helpful to those of us in the process. I have been denied 2 times and now appealing. I am not giving up either. Its just soooo hard.

I am so happy for you!