Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by buttercakes, Jan 14, 2009.

1. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Hello Everyone, I just wanted to tell everyone that my SSDI was approved only after 4 months!! I'm in shock.

I fully expected to get denied just like the other 70% that apply. So for anyone who is to scared to apply, dont be, I used Allsup and the were great. Take care all, Sandie
  2. star273

star273 New Member

That is awesome news for you. Everytime I hear of someone getting SSDI with FM or ME or CFS, it makes us know that society is that much closer to realizing that what we have is real.

What state do you live and how much did it cost you for the help from Allsup? How long have you been off work since you applied?
    Thanks for your help.
  3. christinanny

christinanny New Member

I also, am using allsup. What other disibilities do you have? I am so scared to get denied a few times.

4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

It is a blessing each time I see another approval!! It give me hope for my own case!! What a relief you must feel....God Bless!

5. Engel

Engel New Member

In just 4 months??? I am really happy for you.

So far I am not too impressed with my representation. I am using another "source" because I had to (LTD company referred) and have had 2 denials and now they are telling me 12-18 months for an ALJ hearing. :-( Makes me wonder if I should have just gone it on my own?
  6. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone, I live in Michigan, I last worked 6/08 and filed 9/08.

Allsup only gets paid if you win and they take 25% of your back pay. Paying Allsup is well worth it, they hold your hand all the way through the process, they totally took the stress off
    me. I never even had to talk to anyone at SS, they helped me do all the paper work over the phone.

My list of imparments are Lyme disease, FM, CFS, migraines,anxiety, depression, nerve damage to my neck and neuropathy in both arms and hands.

I hope I answered all the questions?? If not, let me know and I'll be glad to help in anyway I can. Thanks again, and good luck to all who are still waiting for benefits.

Take care, Sandie
  7. hensue

hensue New Member

You were so nervous i got my denial from ss today. I am not a happy camper but i was expecting it. Then again i have fibromyalgia and pain nothing was said about chronic fatigue.
    High blood pressure, stomach problems, depression, pain go to pain clinic every 3 months. I go to a Rheumy so maybe they will have more insight. i dont know? I knew you would get it !
    They said i could still grasp and hold things in my denial paper, stand up some and walk around a little, can think clear enough to work due to depression.
    oh well
    I am glad you got it!
    should i be tested for lyme? not one of my docs mention cfs either.
  8. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

I'm so sorry you were denied, I've been wondering about you. I think I told you this already
    but, I was in bad shape the day of my medical exam, I was having pretty bad tremors, was very weak and could hardly stand up.

So, Im pretty sure that is what helped my case(Thank God) I'm very grateful, and we truely need the money to survive.

I hope you are going to appeal???? What does Allsup say about appealing????

About the Lyme, I was told for many years that I had FM, then I found the right Doctor, he tested me for Lyme and it was strongly positive.

I feel that anyone with unexplained health problems should be tested for Lyme Disease,
    you never know unless you get the test, then go from there.

Please let me know what happens, Sandie
  9. hensue

hensue New Member

I am going to get a lot more active in my files and what is in them. Dont they understand that with fibromyalgia i have more fatigue with bad days. Or am i confused doesnt chronic fatigue go with fibro i was diagnosed in Atlanta at Emory no do doubt 11 years ago, every doc i went to. Apparently the chronic fatigue i get along with the pain is not mentioned so i guess what i am saying is they have not diagnosed me with that or the Arthritis yet.
    Yes Allsup is going to reconsider or something within 60 days. So by then hopefully i will have more documentation by the docs.
    I really am happy for you! I have pretty bad tremors also in my hands and get weak when i have a bout of pain and fatigue coming out of nowhere.
    they did not put anything in there about the cold symptoms sore throat the flu like symptons.
    chills and i have bladder spasms.
    i dont think i have hit on the right documentation yet. I dont know how GA is either it my be harder in this state who knows?
    We will keep on keeping on.
    I got mine in the mail on the 13th of jan. but it was dated the 12 th how bout yours?
    Good luck and i am glad but i will always tell the truth. I wonder do they think i am making this up when i was diagnosed the first time and did not want to believe so i went to a neurologist.
    Then Emory Clinic. who diagnosed me right off classic symptoms.
    Oh well live and learn i guess i need to get street smart. They always get the money.
    Hopefully this will be a great for you and you are starting 2009 with a blast.
    My present came early! No one will take away my Christmas present my son coming home from Afghanistan to his two boys and us. After 4 tours in Iraq. All goes well no stop loss he will be out in a year. No more deployments and i had my first baby Girl Grandchild she almost made it on Christmas i said that was when she was coming my other son her dad was due Christmas day his middle name is Nicholas for Saint nick. So she came and i got to be with them in NC she was due the 31 of december she had baby Nicole feminine form of Nicholas on December 22
    so who could not be happy. God has been so good to us! I cannot say anything i still have a pink and yellow ribbon around my oak tree. So what can i gripe about? Nothing we are very blessed!
    So take care i believe there is always a purpose and a reason so maybe something good is in store for me. I will pray and he will guide me the right way!
    Take Care Sandie
    i will keep you posted though and Thanks
  10. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Grammy, Thanks for the congrates, I'm really still in shock! I feel veeeeery blessed.
    I guess you and I were one of the lucky ones, Thank God!

Hensue, Hang in there, be persistant and it will happen, Grammy gave you great advice.
    I had My Lyme Doc., my Neurologist and Psycologist backing me 100%, I'm sure that was a HUGE factor in my case too. Start building your case files up, complain about every pain and your fatigue in great detail. Always be sure your Doctor is documenting everything.

I also had 3 co-workers write letters on my behalf(one was from a social worker) describing how they seen me decline over the years and months, every little bit helps.

God Bless! Keep in touch, Sandie /
    [This Message was Edited on 01/16/2009]
  11. Engel

Engel New Member

I have been off work for 2 years in February. I had to be on STD (Short term disability) for 6 months then go on LTD (long term disability) and then I was elligible to file for SSDI. Well, I could not get anyone to help me file on my own so I contacted Allsup. They told me to contact my LTD carrier. FINALLY I got word that the LTD company would refer me (they pay for it), but not to Allsup. So I have been messing around with this other bunch and so far have gotten 2 denials. None of the denials indicated reasons like you got. So now I have to go in front of a judge but this could take another 12-18 months!!!!! I have been ill well over 25 years (actually I think I had this junk as a child). Now I have lost my health insurance! So I can't even see my DRs! Rheumy says i have FMS, CFS, CTS, DDD, OA (head to toe), PF, ADD, depression, eye floaters so numerous they block my vision, sleep apnea, chronic migraines, and RLS. I am on a bunch of meds (for now ... hoping I can get into an RX program since I am poor and have no health insurance). I have to use a cane or walker to get around. I hung in at my job as long as I possibly could! But I can't get approved for SSDI even though I have paid into it since I was 16 (I will be 55 in March). I am in Ohio.

Fortunately a kind person here on the forum sent me a link to check out to see if I can get some medical assistance. So I am working on that along with the RX programs.

Good luck to you.
  12. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

I'm so sorry for you! You are a perfect example of the system failing! how unfair.

The strange thing for me is, my LTD denied me my benefits, they only paid me for 6 weeks of STD, then dropped me.

Then I got SSDI in 4 months, none of it makes any sence. I hope it all works out for you.

Hang in there, Sandie
  13. Engel

Engel New Member

It makes no sense for sure! I am very disappointed with the "group" I went with. I should have paid ALLSUP myself and maybe I would have gotten approved by now?

At least you got approved. I just hope LTD doesn't find a way to dump me before I get to see a judge.
  14. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Can you switch over to Allsup?? maybe you should call them and see if its possable??

It could'nt hurt to ask,I know the way you must feel, if I had not been approved so quickly
    we would have lost our house.

It's so much stress!! It's just not right. Good luck to you. Let me know what Allsup says,
    if you decide to call them. 866-502-8372 Good luck, Sandie
  15. loto

loto Member

Hi buttercakes, i would like to know what kind of doctor you go to, who tested you for lyme. While my family doctor has been somewhat pretty good to me with my FM, at least the pain part of it, i have stomach issues now as well, and he doesn't seem to think it's associated with FM. Anyway i go see a GI doc in a couple of weeks for the stomach. Which kind of doctor do you suggest I see in order to get further tests? I'd also like to get more thorough thyroid tests, also, but feel my family doctor doesn't know enough about FM to tie all my symptoms together.
  16. Engel

Engel New Member

I will be 55 in March and being over 50 and employed since age 16 sure hasn't helped me any. I am wondering if all my DRs are reporting things correctly? or if my REPS are recording things correctly? It really worries me (and I sure don't need any more stress).
  17. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

I felt the same way you do, I was so afraid to file, I never in a million years thought I would be approved so quickly, I knew I could not work anymore, so I really had no choice in the matter.

You never know, maybe you'll be like the 30% and get approved 1st. try. Having Co-workers write letters is just something I though would be a good Idea, it's not a requirment. I am very lucky to have worked with alot of great people who cared about me.

The sooner you apply, the sooner you'll get approved. I know how you feel, it's scary.
    Allsup will help you every step of the way. Good luck, keep us posted. Sandie
    [This Message was Edited on 01/18/2009]
  18. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

I see a LLMD(Lyme literate medical Doctor) He did a western blot Igm & Igg to test me for Lyme.

If you go to you can join the group there,get tons of info, and a doc referal in your area.

There is so much info. about lyme, that would be your best place to start.

Good luck, my name is Sandiet at lymenet, Sandie
  19. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Thanks for the congrats, It still has not fully set in yet, I keep thinking there must be some kind of mistake.

I guess you and I are one of the lucky ones, my heart breaks for those who need benefits and continue to get denied.

How long have you been getting SSDI?? I have not recieved my award letter yet, just a bank deposit and confirmation from Allsup.

Will we be reviewed every so often?? (another thing to worry about) Sandie
  20. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Allsup told me that proper documentation is the key to a good case, have you seen whats being documented?? This is Stressful, for sure. Sandie