SSDI- ask for "daily activities questionnaire

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by murillomod, Dec 6, 2002.

1. murillomod

murillomod New Member

SSDI sent my husband this form, it ask alot of questions on how you spend your day, and they want specific answers, not just one word answers, has anyone filled one of these out? They also want my husband to see a psychiatrist.
  2. murillomod

murillomod New Member

SSDI sent my husband this form, it ask alot of questions on how you spend your day, and they want specific answers, not just one word answers, has anyone filled one of these out? They also want my husband to see a psychiatrist.
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

isn't that an invasion of HIS rights of privacy??? I don't feel good about that.
    Kady
  4. beh43

beh43 New Member

murillomod,

Hi! This is normal paper work that you will have to file. My attorney had an expert to fill out some things so I don't know what answers were given. A Psy. eval is required and if they find anything it will help your husbands case. I think most Psy. Drs will give a mild depression to almost everyone. Just play the game. The bottom line is whether you need benefits. If the answer is yes then the game begins. I was just approved in Oct. of this year. Good Luck!

hebheb
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

fibro-fog here, I was thinking that YOU were the patient, not your husband, and I couldn't understand why HE had to see a psychiatrist!!! oops......sorry, now I understand!
    Love,
    Kady
  6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I had my neighbor fill it out because I thought a "disinterested party's" opinion might carry more weight than my husband's. I sent it in in early October, and have yet to hear anthing from them. I have not been scheduled for any doctor or shrink appointments. I don't know what this means. According to my SS interviewer, when I filled out my initial application in August, I should have an initial determination not later than January. I am thinking that if they were giving any thought to my application at all, they would have sent me to some sort of doctor by now.
    Kathryn
  7. Dara

Dara New Member

answer the questions as how they relate to you on your very worse days. Don't try to sugarcoat anything. This is what I was told "after" I filled my paperwork out. I have been denied twice and am due to appear before the ALJ in the future. I also had to go see a Psychiatrist and I didn't do a very good job at that one either. He asked me some very personal questions that I didn't feel were any of his business so I lied to him. Now, of course, I realize I should have told him the truth about everything and also not tried to act so "normal". My entire life I have tried to cover up the illness and make it not as bad as it really was so it is a habit I have had for a long time. Too late, I realize that if I had been more honest and let my emotions come out he probably would have formed a different opinion.

Dara
  8. Milo83

Milo83 New Member

They had just asked me how I would spend my regular day..
    I told the truth, BUT DID NOT SUGAR COAT ANYTHING..Tell it like it is on one of your worst days would be my suggestion..
    At the time, I was getting up early to send my son to school, I told them the truth, but also then after he was in school, I had to come home and lie down for awhile..Told them like it was..
    Best of Luck...............Donna

By the way, it took almost 2yrs, but I was approved!!!!!!
  9. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

He won't get SSD if he doesn't. I got it on my first try, and I filled that puppy out with the most intimate, lurid, embarrassing stuff there is. If he doesn't tell all, he won't get it, I promise you. Use the whole page, describe in detail. Good luck, N