1. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

How do you know when an "audit" is over? I've completed the preliminary medical questionnaire, but that was nearly a month ago and I haven't heard a word since...
  2. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

You will receive a letter stating the results of the audit and any further instructions they may have for you.
  3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

It took SS about 6 weeks to mail me a letter after I submitted my questionnaire, and they just said they were going to do nothing further for now (that was about 2 years ago) - hopefully you'll get a positive answer in a week or 2 -

Mary
  4. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

what was going on since I am in the midst of buying a home... They said my questionnaire had been received by them in mid October and that my file was at my state's headquarters pending further review. The last time I was audited I had to see a shrink, not a medical doc, who asked me all kinds of what I thought were irrelevant questions. This time, the questionnaire was entirely different: much shorter, dealing more with recent Dr's appts and the purpose of them vs my own subjective opinion of my condition. It just seems like a really long time to wait without ANY correspondence.
    The real kicker is that if I receive a letter denying future benefits, I have only 10 days from the date of receipt to dispute it. Being in the midst of moving out of state (to a climate where I can function on about half as much pain medication) could be a real problem. It's taken me two years to get this far...
  5. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

ILoveGreen, Ihear you! I don't think I could get anything done in only ten days anymore. I thought we had 30 days to respond to them. I wonder if they have made changes and hope people won't get their responses in and then they can cut the number of people collecting disability. Hmmmm.
  6. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

for your input. I will wait as the SSA officer advised. I have a legitimate condition which is well-documented. The timing is never good for an audit, and mine was overdue.