SSDI Benifit review, what should I expect?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by day2day, Mar 10, 2006.

1. day2day

day2day Member

I just got a letter saying the are reviewing my case for my SS disibility, I am scared out of my wits. I am in no shape or form to work even part time.

My therapist who has been coming to my home weekly is writing up a letter to attach to the form I am filling out, do you think that will cut any mustard.

Unfortunatly, my current Dr. is fairly new and I don't have a good feel if she THINKS I am able to work or not.

Any one have any feedback for me, will be appreciated.

Thanks Day2
  2. day2day

day2day Member

very stressed and worried.

any advice would be so helpful

3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Day2:
    I also had fear when filling out all of the SS forms.
    They sent me to doctors also, and that added to my stress.
    And I got two denial letters and had to go to the ALJ with a lawyer who I finally had to hire. He told me it would all go well because once you make it to that stage of the game you usually win. And I did. So persevere and realize it is stressful, but do not give up. That is what they want.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  4. day2day

day2day Member

I have been on the SS disability now for several years.......this is the review to see if I am now able to return to work, or if I am still eligible for disability.

Its called the Disability Review report.
    I have often seen, and also contributed to people who were trying to receive the original disability, but have not seen anyone who is having a review after being on Social Security disability for any length of time.

I am interested how that process works and if anyone has been deemed " cured" when they are not and what steps they had to take to fight the process. Or if it is just a formality review.

Thanks NyroFan for responding though, :)

Any others who have gone through the process?? Appreciate any info.

day2
  5. day2day

day2day Member

Wish I could see your post when I am typing my reply back.....bad memory.

That definately puts my mind at ease a bit.

I will put it in God's hands and hope for the best.

day2